Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi SQ5 alternatives?

Users Country Flag

I looked at that one blue one also. I had been following it for a while.
    First seen at Newcastle Audi centre for 48ish they couldnt move it so they shipped it Down to Newcastles cheapest cars which listed it at 53. When I went to look it was the auction house next door so old mate from Newcastles cheapest cars told me to just go in an have a look at it. So I did then some came running out from the office and they told me to get out. So unprofessional and just lost the sale. Not long after that they dropped the price then shipped it off to Glendale Mazda and listed it as a Q5 not an SQ5.
    Im in the same boat just got rid of my passat and need a bigger car and SQ5 was the only car I was interested in. Like you I considered the diesel and the petrol.
    In the end we just end up going for a Q3 SLine.
    If you're set on the SQ5 I suggest you just hold out for 12 months and they will be within your budget. One went in qld for $42k which is pretty reasonable considering that's what at my13+ Q5 is going for.

Users Country Flag
    There is a white MY15 with 42km at Maitland Nissan if you want to have look for comparison. $59k it's been there a few months now.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR36 View Post
    There is a white MY15 with 42km at Maitland Nissan if you want to have look for comparison. $59k it's been there a few months now.
    Sorry for the late reply - and thanks for your input on that blue SQ5. At the end of the day, both my wife and i are very fussy with our cars and this particular car did not even come close to meeting our standards of how well (or poorly) it had been cared for. It was more so a matter of just having a look at one and making sure we liked the car overall and that it would be the right size etc for us.

I presume this is the car you were referring to at Nissan: Maitland Nissan - 2015 Audi SQ5 TDI Tiptronic Quattro 8R MY15 (White) for sale in %%East Maitland%% . My wife and i have tomorrow off so we might go for a drive up to Maitland and have a look at it.

Drove a 2014 model SQ5 yesterday (located at Newcastle Skoda). Priced at $52.990 with 86,000km but its pretty much got every option on it except for the quilted seats. Locally owned car and full service history. Drove really well (they get up and boogie for a big car) but was a little rough on the exterior (dents/scratches/bird poo marks on the paint) so not sure if we will pursue this one as im pretty fussy.

Spoke to my brother who works for a large car dealership network, and it turns out they have just traded a 2015 SQ5 a few days ago and its located in Sydney. He is getting it brought up to Newcastle so we can have a look. Only 35,000km, fully optioned (sunroof, black pack, quilted seats, carbon trim, big wheels, bang stereo) for $59k. If this one is in good cond we will buy it...........and im already researching stage 1 tunes.

Ended up buying an SQ5 on the weekend. 1 owner, 27,000km, 2015 model, and its pretty much fully loaded option wise except for the black grill and window trim (has sunroof, blind spot monitors, radar cruise, heated seats, quilted nappa leather seats, bang & olufsen stereo, tinted windows, performance pack and assistance pack).

My wife is loving herself sick with her new car.

Well I think you may have gone over your initial budget but I'm sure it'll be worth it

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Congratulations happy wife happy life

Now for the stage 1 tune
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Well I think you may have gone over your initial budget but I'm sure it'll be worth it
    Yes we did blow the desired budget out......you only live once though. She wasn't having any part of any non-SQ5 alternatives that i was proposing....even an Audi S4 got brushed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Congratulations happy wife happy life

Now for the stage 1 tune
    Thanks - yes that's the saying....let's hope it's true Its due for its 3rd service (boring i know) and there's a recall for the heater coil apparently, so ill have to get that out of the way before i look at a tune. But it already goes very well....im not sure it really needs one to be honest.

Apart from the service and recall, it will be getting a good polish and tidy up and some low dust brake pads as my first few priorities.

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img-2008-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img-2009-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img-2011-jpg

Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img-2010-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Audi SQ5 alternatives?-img-2012-jpg  
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 29-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Nice!!!

I can see why your wife would love it.

I’m sure it’ll come up like new once you’ve finished a full inside and out detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast