Support VWWC

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Audi S3 8P3 CustomCode Stage 2 PSS

Whilst the weight savings from the seat are quickly offset mounting them in.
    The benefits mid corner of a supportive seat are next level as I’m sure you’re aware of.

Keen to see more of this thing on the track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post

Keen to see more of this thing on the track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks mate, i should be out at Lakeside on Friday if all stars align. I still have the gear shift to fit like on yours but one of the existing allen head bolts is rounded so it will be fun times removing that....
    Last edited by guile; 15-11-2020 at 07:03 PM.

TTE are having a COVID sale so i was toying with the idea of upgrading to the TTE480. looks like a decent size wheel but i wonder if significantly more lag would be experienced...

see a dyno plot below from a uk tuned car...

and below is the dyno from the APRTTE420 tune i currently have...

admittedly the APR tune is based on 104 octane but I hope once my water meth kit is fitted that will raise my octane and improve performance. overall for the significant expense in buying the TTE480 turbo, shipping it, retuning my old turbo and getting a custom tune i decided to stay with what i have. the APR tune feels like it makes good power and so far is reliable and consistent...
    Last edited by guile; 15-11-2020 at 07:04 PM.

3rd time lucky trying to fix a boost pipe issue that I had been battling with since the oil cooler upgrade. I managed to finally get it fixed and get back on the track...

once back on the track the temps were kept lower for longer but still kept creeping up. I got chatting to someone in the pits that recommended a replacement radiator and using a shop blower on the turbo in between sessions...

I also did more time on the short track at lakeside, it can still handle its own against more track oriented cars...

while generally checking under the bonnet in between sessions I notice this which was less than ideal...

Last edited by guile; 17-04-2021 at 08:32 PM.

I still haven't managed to run with the 265 section tyres yet so I decided some rear camber may help and I installed these...

3.5 degrees negative in the rear now...

its hard to tell but it looks a bit better than when the 265 was originally fitted...

I need to gain a bit more camber on the front, pull more guard and try the 265's on there too...

I got some motivation back and had a quick tidy in the garage, its the first time I've seen the top of my work bench in about 12 months...

I installed a rear harness bar...

and started my battery relocation to the boot...

to make some room under the bonnet for???

I've just ordered these rear brake discs and adapters. I'm not sure if they'll make an improvement but with the much improved braking force on the front I'm standing it on its nose so I'm hoping these might help to address the balance. if all else fails they should look the goods, I just hope they clear the 18's as the advert said 19's recommended...

battery relocation is now complete and it looks like the water meth tank will take its place quite nicely...

rear brake upgrade has turned up already too...

Users Country Flag
    You will be surprised (if you have never used water/meth injection before) at just how quickly that tank will empty. If you are getting the ECU tuned specifically to take advantage of the water/meth then I suggest having a low fluid level sensor fitted so you know when to pit and top up.

Less of an issue if you are leaving the tune as is and simply using the water/meth as a cooling/octane boost effect. You could also experiment with 5-10L of E85 mixed in with Premium 98 to raise octane and give some additional knock protection.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I won't be getting it tuned, too scared of what happens if something goes wrong. I'm not keen for rebuild number 2...

I'll just use it on track to lower intake temps and may run a small amount of meth, probably 20/80 once I've done some more reading up on the best set-up...

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast