Support VWWC

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Audi S3 8P3 CustomCode Stage 2 PSS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

a few interior changes are due in the xmas break...

Users Country Flag
    Shame you didn't get to run at the Noosa Hill Climb.....those damn wheel speed sensors.

But that is one mean and clean S3 you have yourself there.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Shame you didn't get to run at the Noosa Hill Climb.....those damn wheel speed sensors.

But that is one mean and clean S3 you have yourself there.
    thanks mate, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it so onwards and upwards...

a few minor updates on the weekend. fitted a gearshift riser which I bought before the coolerworx so thought I'd install for the time being as it was an easy job...

also fitted some gauges as I'm keen to keep an eye on boost for any leaks and also oil temp sensor. I didn't have time to wire up the oil temp sensor yet, hence no illumination on the middle gauge. the voltage sensor is just to fill the gap but also pretty handy as my car doesn't get much use and suffers from battery drain...

it's not perfect but I think the colours match the original clocks pretty well...

this is the picture from the last 3 track days and I'm determined not to make it a 4th...

I've tried 3 different type of band clamps, worm drive, constant tension and t bolt. I think the turbo muffler delete spigot flange just doesn't have enough friction on it, its like an ice pole...

its a CTS one that came with turbo outlet kit but its useless, I'm hoping this mamba one will be a lot better. I'm also going to try and clamp the silicone hose on while the muffler delete is off the car so I can see its seated well. I just hope I can get access to all three bolts to then bolt it to the turbo...

I think you can see in this photo the new muffler delete has a lot more pronounced "barb" on it and the grooves should help compress the hose in to them...

fingers crossed!

Users Country Flag

Right back at ya with a nice build thread, I'll take the time to read through it after work.

I'm spiking well above 30 on my TDI and blowing silicons was becoming a total PITA. I took to sanding the inside of the silicon ( a bit just take the shine off with say 400 ), the metal where it attached ( sand around the silicon/fitting so that the grooves help the grip ), degrease with alcohol etc and used that black JB/Permatex oil resistant silicon to first glue the pipe in place with medium clamp tension, let it dry overnight then crank it down next day. I keep the silicon away from the junction best I can so that as little as possible extrudes into the inside, and you don't need much anyway. I have done every junction in my IC plumbing like this.

End of problem.
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 24-01-2024 at 08:23 AM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344