Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 Audi SQ5 3.0 TDI Biturbo

Users Country Flag

I just read your latest update last night and was going to ask you what parts you needed replacing.

If its the upper control arms then these should be the replacements (theres 2x on each side):

034 - Density Line Upper Control Arms, Audi B8/B8.5 A4/S4 & A5/S5/RS5– VAGPARTS Australia

Engine mounts id get OEM replacements for $1,295 unless you can find cheaper.

Not sure what the front buffer torque mount is referring to?? This might be the transmission mount? Its just a tiny piece of rubber so not worth shopping around as $95 is cheap enough.

Rear centre diff bush. Suprised this is worn out. I would fit an 034 Motorsports insert to see if this buys you some more time. The034Motorsports insert reduces the movement in this bush (i have one on my car) 034 - Billet Aluminium Rear Differential Mount Upgrade, Audi B8 & C7 Series– VAGPARTS Australia

If you do the 034 diff mount, then you might want to consider this kit which offers transmission mount bush, diff carrier bush and diff mount. I have this in my car and it just tightens everything up nicely without any NVH or vibrations.
    034 Motorsport - Drivetrain Mount Insert Package, Audi B8 A4/S4/RS4, A5/S5/RS5– VAGPARTS Australia
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks mate

They're saying it's just the bushings on the upper control arms, would you recommend still getting the whole control arms, or just replacing the bushings?

I've found a few options for bushings:

Run auto parts tell me these are the ones: Upper Lower

A vehicle model search on Powerflex yields these (though polyurethane..): Upper Lower

Wasn't sure about the stiffness of polyurethane but seems OK on their "road" series product with a tapered sleeve to alleviate it a bit.

I have that insert package from 034 in my garage already - bought it a while ago after seeing your posts - I haven't had them fitted yet but will do so next time it's in the shop.

In terms of engine mounts, I have found these:
    Left Right
    Pricing seems acceptable
    Last edited by Daniel_M; 10-10-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Hey @Daniel_M,
    Really enjoyed reading your posts.
    My SQ5 is experiencing the exact same lumpy idle issues.
    You mentioned a shop in the North did the work for you. Would you be happy to recommend them? If so, do you mind pinging me the shop name please?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by gran0606 View Post
    do you mind pinging me the shop name please?
    PM'd mate, best of luck with it!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gran0606 View Post
    My SQ5 is experiencing the exact same lumpy idle issues.
    You mentioned a shop in the North did the work for you. Would you be happy to recommend them?
    I know Revhigh in Hallam have done the carbon intake cleaning and performance tuning on various SQ5's and other Audi vehicles with the 3.0L V6 biturbo engine. Might be worth speaking to them.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234