Support VWWC

Thread: 1.8TFSI oil leak from sensor - Help with part number please

Users Country Flag

1.8TFSI oil leak from sensor - Help with part number please

Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 Audi A3 with a 1.8 TFSI engine that has an oilleak from one of the sensors below the oil filter. There are 2 sensors thatboth on only contain 1 wire, one with a brown connector and one with a blueconnector, so I’m unsure if one is an oil temp sensor and the other a pressureswitch? I need to replace the one with the blue connector but I’m havingtrouble finding the part number. When I look online most sites only list onesensor that matches the brown connector profile and nothing about the blue one.I have searched the part number embossed on the blue one but it seems to be a ‘generic’part number that gives a multitude of results that have nothing to do thesensor.

1.8TFSI oil leak from sensor - Help with part number please-20190210_113055-jpg

1.8TFSI oil leak from sensor - Help with part number please-20190210_113107-jpg
    1.8TFSI oil leak from sensor - Help with part number please-20190210_113345-jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Users Country Flag
    have you tried real oem website to search the part number?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah I tried there but no luck. The number embossed on the sensor is PA6GF30 if that helps..

Thanks..

Users Country Flag

The engine number is:
    CDA223141
    The VIN is:
    TRUZZZ8P3B1012374

Maybe a dumb ass.. but I can't see the sensor in question labeled on the diagram, and it has many different ones listed below in the parts list so I'm not sure what's what..

Thanks mate...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    can you double check your VIN please as the website below says its invalid...

Online VAG spare parts catalog, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat. VAG VIN decoder, part number search. *** Online.

here is the guide to removing the sensors although I'm sure you didn't need it...

Audi Workshop Manuals > A3 Mk2 > Power unit > 4-cylinder direct petrol injection engine (1.8 ltr., 2.0 ltr. 4-valve turbo), mechanics > Engine lubrication > Oil filter and engine oil cooler, engine codes CDAA, CCZA > Removing and installing oil pressure switch for reduced oil pressure F378

i'd say the sensors you are looking at are linked below:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tridon-O...%7CMake%3AAudi
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oil-Pres...-/253293183335

quite a lot of guess work in that so please don't take my word for it but it could be a starting point for you to confirm the numbers...
    Last edited by guile; 20-02-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: updated info

Hi Guile..

I also had the same issue where it says my VIN is invalid. That's the VIN printed on the rego papers so maybe there is a typo there, I'll think I'll check the VIN plate on the car to see if it matches.

That looks like the correct part based on the plug shape, so I'll order it and give it a go!. Hopefully that fixes the oil leak, then onto cleaning all the oil that has flicked everywhere from dripping on the drive belt. What a mess it's made!! It's gonna be a pain cleaning all the **** out of alternator and off all the pulleys.. ugh fml!... I guess I better look for the belt part number too.. lol!..

Thanks all your help mate, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Iain..

Users Country Flag
    Remove the sensor, the part number is on the metal part, not the plastic.

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for that info mate, I didn't know that's where the part number was. Now that I've pulled the sensor out I can confirm that Guile was on the money! The exact part number he suggested.

Thanks guys..

Cheers,
    Iain..