Support VWWC

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Yeti Air Con

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Lake Macquarie
    Posts
    4
    Users Country Flag

    Yeti Air Con

    Hi Everyone,

    I have a 2011 Yeti TDI that has a failed air con compressor, I have purchased a replacement part and am looking for someone to install it for me. A Skoda mechanic would be ideal, has anyone any reccomendations of someone I may use please. I am based at Lake Macquarie in NSW but travel to Sydney often so could have it done there. I have been using Dean the mobile guy from the Southern Highlands but I can't contact him for some reason and I need to have the work completed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


    Thank You

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,961
    Users Country Flag
    either Newcastle VW Centre at Wickham or Twilight Automotive at Cardiff are good and would recommend.
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeyeti View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    I have a 2011 Yeti TDI that has a failed air con compressor, I have purchased a replacement part and am looking for someone to install it for me. A Skoda mechanic would be ideal, has anyone any reccomendations of someone I may use please. I am based at Lake Macquarie in NSW but travel to Sydney often so could have it done there. I have been using Dean the mobile guy from the Southern Highlands but I can't contact him for some reason and I need to have the work completed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


    Thank You
    Can you tell me if this work cost you a lot of money?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Lake Macquarie
    Posts
    4
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi, I had the compressor fitted at VW centre at Wickham and it cost around $500 for the labour, I pre purchased the compressor in Sydney for a much better price than from Skoda.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Erskineville, NSW
    Posts
    7,578
    Users Country Flag
    where did u get the compressor from. I really should do my Octavia
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,961
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    where did u get the compressor from. I really should do my Octavia
    These ones apparently fit the 118TSI Octavia 1.8T - although note the specs are different on each. I don't know what year model your car is so used 2008 in the filtering on the website.

    Mahle Behr A/C Compressor ACP 6 000S | Run Auto Parts

    Mahle Behr A/C Compressor ACP 191 000S | Run Auto Parts
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Erskineville, NSW
    Posts
    7,578
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    These ones apparently fit the 118TSI Octavia 1.8T - although note the specs are different on each. I don't know what year model your car is so used 2008 in the filtering on the website.

    Mahle Behr A/C Compressor ACP 6 000S | Run Auto Parts

    Mahle Behr A/C Compressor ACP 191 000S | Run Auto Parts
    Thx
    That price looks good.

    Mine is a 2007 (early adopter Skoda buyer )
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeyeti View Post
    Hi, I had the compressor fitted at VW centre at Wickham and it cost around $500 for the labour, I pre purchased the compressor in Sydney for a much better price than from Skoda.
    Thank you, very good price indeed!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |