Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia

Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia

Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia
    Hi
    hoping someone can advise, my partner just got Yeti Outdoor MY15 ( Late 14 build ) 4x4 Tdi with Kessy but not tech pack so no Columbus but apparently Amundsden radio , 3 buttons down each side with central round knob under radio unit. It says Nav and aerial on roof looks like GTI or gtd with Nav but has base and higher rubber aerial. It has no SD card in it and some salesman told me today Skoda in Aus do not link this for GPS but it looks like radio in Amarok with GPS as in Australia. I am wondering do we need CD for GPS & SD card to make it work as GPS ???
    When car starts on radio screen it comes up Skoda Navigation but hit Nav button & only get directional arrow on a blank screen
    Any help or advice appreciated
    thanks
    "Valtheval

Users Country Flag
    I think you could be out of luck as the Australian instructions have a sticker about not having navigation.

I don't know the model number RNS310 or RNS315.

If you want more info about overseas units see RNS 315 GPS radio navigation system FAQ | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia-amundsen_oz-jpg  
    Last edited by rabbitz; 04-06-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks for your info

Users Country Flag
    I have a 77TSI with the Amundsen plus RNS310. The navigation is fully functional, it's even got the maps for Western Europe already loaded. Not much use out here! It has the GPS aerial already fitted, that's why the compass reading on the dash disappears if you turn off the radio unit when driving. All we need are the Australian maps on SD. I've tried emailing Skoda Aus about the maps and their availability, but got a polite email back saying that my vehicle was not advertised with sat Nav and that the RNS310 is installed in the MY15 upgraded vehicles to provide a screen for the reversing camera. I've also tried Skoda spare parts division, no SD at present with the Australian maps. I've tried GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com where Skoda owners are directed to for map upgrades, no Aus maps there either. If this unit has been used in other VW products in Aus for navigation we may be able to get maps from VW, but for now it is a case of so close and yet so far! I downloaded the maps for my Samsung phone the other day and use it for GPS when needed, bluetooths nicely into the system, that'll have to do for now!

Users Country Flag
    You'll probably need to go to less "official" sites for your maps.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Skoda Yeti Outdoor MY15 Amundsen Media System and SAT NAV

I recently bought my dealer used Yeti Outdoor and have this problem with SAT NAV loaded with European Maps and none for Australia for a car sold in this country. My car has the media system with 3 buttons on each side (6 in total), one of which on the right side being NAV.

I called Skoda at their Head Office in Sydney and they said the dealer would have the SD card for the navigation. The dealer says he has escalated it to the Skoda service team in Czech and they have said they cannot provide one!

This is clearly a case of misrepresentation in their brochures though the dealer told me there is no SAT NAV. While I know they have tried their best to help their customer (and not lose dealership!), Skoda has a case to answer.

Should this go to Consumer Affairs or ACCC to keep Skoda on the ball with this?

Has anyone cracked this problem yet?

Thanks in anticipation of this Forum's advise on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Yoda View Post
    I have a 77TSI with the Amundsen plus RNS310. The navigation is fully functional, it's even got the maps for Western Europe already loaded. Not much use out here! It has the GPS aerial already fitted, that's why the compass reading on the dash disappears if you turn off the radio unit when driving. All we need are the Australian maps on SD. I've tried emailing Skoda Aus about the maps and their availability, but got a polite email back saying that my vehicle was not advertised with sat Nav and that the RNS310 is installed in the MY15 upgraded vehicles to provide a screen for the reversing camera. I've also tried Skoda spare parts division, no SD at present with the Australian maps. I've tried GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com where Skoda owners are directed to for map upgrades, no Aus maps there either. If this unit has been used in other VW products in Aus for navigation we may be able to get maps from VW, but for now it is a case of so close and yet so far! I downloaded the maps for my Samsung phone the other day and use it for GPS when needed, bluetooths nicely into the system, that'll have to do for now!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtledge View Post

This is clearly a case of misrepresentation in their brochures though the dealer told me there is no SAT NAV. While I know they have tried their best to help their customer (and not lose dealership!), Skoda has a case to answer.
    I don't quite understand what's been misrepresented?
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Skoda Yeti Outdoor MY15 Amundsen Media System and SAT NAV

The misrepresentation comes from the fact that the brochure shows Amundsen system and Columbus with both having a NAV button on its right of the display. The Amundsen NAV does not work in Australia as there are no maps. Yet this car has pre-loaded maps for Europe! So one would have thought that it is only a matter of getting the SD card with maps for Australia.

Interestingly Skoda offers World Maps in their spare parts division and that includes maps for Australia!

(The brochure also says parking sensors for front and rear on the Outdoor but the one I have is only on the rear with the camera. The brochure also shows tinted windows as standard feature but that is not an issue.)

The tag line for Skoda is Simply Clever. In my view, Skoda needs to be clever in ensuring that we customers who have the Amundsen get the SD card with Australian maps ASAP.

Users Country Flag
    Observe the image in post 2. Skoda make it quite clear the maps aren't available as part of the "package". It's no different to the button on the Golf MKV GTI steering wheel that never worked or the "traffic" button on Octavia that has never worked. The other example is the suna traffic option on the MK3 Octavia that isn't offered in Australia but can be activated "privately".

I'd suggest you work out how you can independantly enable the Nav because complaining to Skoda will be fruitless - they really don't give a fig.

The brochures all say "subject to change without notice". It gives them an out if the delivered vehicle doesn't match the brochure.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledge View Post
    The brochure also says parking sensors for front and rear on the Outdoor but the one I have is only on the rear with the camera.
    MY15 does have front parking sensors and you can check this by the "P" button under the climate controls. This has to be pressed when going foward (up to 10kph IIRC) to activate the sensors but is automatic in reverse. Mine is a MY14 with MY15 specs as per the chart.

Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia-yeti_my14_15-jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast