Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bingley View Post
    so, buyer beware, for anyone buying Skoda parts/accessories from this lot.
    It's not a Skoda part. It's an unofficial, modded map file.

I agree though, it's frustrating when a vendor can't get their act together.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Just got an email from Skoda Australia and apparently they're working on Australian maps for Yetis, just a few things to sort out with head office! I guess we'll have to pay but still sounds hopeful.....

Do they mean for the Amundsen or the Columbus? From what I can see, the Columbus is an extra option that should already work, but they never advertised the Amundsen as a Sat Nav device.

Users Country Flag
    I told them I have Amundsen, so I presume they mean Amundsen..... My Amundsen navigates around Andorra, Austria etc etc etc, just not Australia. And it obviously works as I have an arrow on the screen telling me I'm going N, NE, E, SE etc.....

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, in the same boat here. New Yeti bought in Dec 2014 (MY15?)

Found (what I believe is an) official Skoda Shop the SD cards selling for $276. Unfortunately you can't purchase it unless you live in the Czech Republic. This may indicate that an authorised dealer could purchase it however?

Navigation SD card - World (except Europe) | Å*KODA E-shop

I took my car in to have the radio/navigation system checked. After about 45 minutes they told me that unfortunately the "tech pack" is not present/installed so there is nothing I can do. Not sure where to go from here. Kind of feel misled since the sticker on the Amundsen manual indicates that it doesn't work simply because maps do not exist... which they do now.

Have sent a pretty blunt email to the service center, will see how that goes. Any suggestions or recommendations or similar stories regarding the "tech pack"? Have been on the cusp of biting the bullet and just buying an android deck from eBay for ~$500.

Hi all

Just bought a second hand Yeti with the same issues. Have anyone found a solution ..?

I found this from a NZ supplier

http://skodaparts.co.nz/home/1045-na...pt-europe.html

Does it look legit?

Thanks?

Users Country Flag
    For the record guys I have the Australian map equipped Columbus, and the navigation is crap, way out of date, takes you the long way around, my smart phone and almost ANY other App is far better. Hey it's still nice to have, and I do use it, but if it's going to cost you guys without the tech pack towards $500, get an android, I'm absolutely going to do that down the track. Happily sell my headunit!!

The biggest limitation is it has predictive text input, and if you try and put in a street, suburb or even city it decides is not in the database, it just won't give you the next letter option. That is really annoying as programming in a destination is very clunky, and to get to the end and it will not give you the next letter in the street you want, well it's frustrating to say the least.

Just wanted to let you know that for all your efforts you will end up with a system that is a long way from good.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag

yeti gps

Quote Originally Posted by valtheval View Post
    Skoda Yeti MY15 Amundsen media radio to get GPS operating in Australia
    Hi
    hoping someone can advise, my partner just got Yeti Outdoor MY15 ( Late 14 build ) 4x4 Tdi with Kessy but not tech pack so no Columbus but apparently Amundsden radio , 3 buttons down each side with central round knob under radio unit. It says Nav and aerial on roof looks like GTI or gtd with Nav but has base and higher rubber aerial. It has no SD card in it and some salesman told me today Skoda in Aus do not link this for GPS but it looks like radio in Amarok with GPS as in Australia. I am wondering do we need CD for GPS & SD card to make it work as GPS ???
    When car starts on radio screen it comes up Skoda Navigation but hit Nav button & only get directional arrow on a blank screen
    Any help or advice appreciated
    thanks
    "Valtheval
    Hi - did you ever get GPS fitted for the car? Asking because I just bought a 2015 Yeti diesel and assumed GPS to find this problem.

Users Country Flag
    Hi - did you ever get GPS fitted for the car? Asking because I just bought a 2015 Yeti diesel and assumed GPS working to find this problem as well.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by traffic View Post
    Hi - did you ever get GPS fitted for the car? Asking because I just bought a 2015 Yeti diesel and assumed GPS working to find this problem as well.
    Hi - got nowhere with Skoda Australia - they told me to go back to Richmond Skoda - Richmond Skoda were quite helpful and the guy in charge there filled me in. Back in 2014, in order for the Yeti to have a reversing camera, they specced them with the Amundsen unit that has GPS - but at the time there were no Australian maps for this unit. What is wacko though, is that if you specced your car with the 'tech pack' it would come with the Columbus unit that DID have maps. Maps on the Columbus unit are on DVD but the Amundsen unit has them on SD. Were Skoda Australia being 'tight' by not getting the maps on SD? Who knows?
    Skoda Richmond advised me to get a modern known brand unit fitted by someone like Autobarn. The problem with maps for the Columbus unit are they are donkeys years old and are not updateable. Can be infuriating when the GPS tells you to drive into a paddock!
    Is there anyone out there who has successfully fitted a decent GPS/CD/radio unit to a 2014/15 Yeti and still has the reverse camera work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123