Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Yeti Owner with a dumb Q

I'm sure the insulation is there for sound not heat.
    As was mentioned, the diesel has it but runs cooler than the petrol versions. When the vehicle stops the heat will soak into the bonnet, always has. That's why cats get on there in the winter.

Users Country Flag
    The insulation is fitted to the diesels to reduce noise but also help them heat up quicker.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    ....As for your past cars, maybe you didn't realise how hot they were getting?
    I have the 90tsi but yeah I guess you are right .... I need to get out more often

Thanks for the 2c worth/links. I reckon I will probably let the dealer loose on my wallet yet again .... they want $120 plus $60 for the 12 locking nuts.

As to the fried egg link I just might call A Current Affair and get them to film me knocking up an omelet on the bonnet in the dealers car park
    Last edited by SGG; 22-10-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    12 locking nuts? Do you mean the clips that hold it in?

They come with the insulator like the genuine part $80 unit at aliexpress. $60 is bending you over and taking you for a fool.

The clips are partno 1H5863849A
    Sound deadener with clips is 5L0863831
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

12 locking nuts? Do you mean the clips that hold it in?

They come with the insulator like the genuine part $80 unit at aliexpress. $60 is bending you over and taking you for a fool.

The clips are partno 1H5863849A
    Sound deadener with clips is 5L0863831
    Thx for the heads up .... I will check the insulator package on Friday when I collect it

Users Country Flag
    I've just bought a Yeti 90TSI Ambition and the bonnet does get hot but no more so than parking in the sun on a hot day. The hottest spot is on the driver's side a bit off centre.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitz View Post
    I've just bought a Yeti 90TSI Ambition and the bonnet does get hot but no more so than parking in the sun on a hot day. The hottest spot is on the driver's side a bit off centre.
    Hey snap ....... Can I ask what you paid

I paid $25000 for a beige 2000km demo with 5 years skoda factory warranty. Mine doesn't have the reverse camera or push button start otherwise its the same as the current model
    Last edited by SGG; 23-10-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Paid $30,590 with rubber mats and front mud flaps. Reasonable changeover from MY13 Polo Trendline.

The Yeti has all the MY15 bits but is still classed as a MY14 as far as I can tell. 09/14 compliance with 04/14 build. A great vehicle and suits my needs perfectly. It's a shame they don't sell well in Australia unlike the EU where 1 in 25 cars sold are a Yeti according to a TopGear article.

Car review: Skoda Yeti Driven - road test - BBC Top Gear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Yeti Owner with a dumb Q-rz_yeti-jpg  

If nothing else, it proved that trying to ascertain temperature by touch is extremely innacurate & variable.
    But an IR thermometer can be just as inaccurate, because most of the cheap ones have fixed emissivity calibration. Ideally, one has to adjust the IR thermometer for the emissivity of the surface it is pointing at. The usual problem is a low emissivity surface - eg white or shiny metal. Fluke recommends putting a high emissivity target on the subject, or using black paint.
    2015 Polo Comfortline 6M + Driving Comfort Package
    2011/11 Yeti 103 TDI 6M + Columbus media centre/satnav
    (2008 MY09 Polo 9N3 TDI retired hurt hail damage)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12