Support VWWC

Thread: key deleting/reprogramming

key deleting/reprogramming

can somebody help?

my wife lost one of the keys to her 2012 yeti, and i would like to delete it.
    im getting a lot of confusion as to whether i am actually able to do this with the ross-tech lead and vcds.

help!!

Users Country Flag
    Remote, yes.

Key, no.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Remote, yes.

Key, no.
    im not understanding. i realize i need to get the key actually cut, what programming does the key need from there?

Users Country Flag
    There are really 3 parts to the key-
    The remote part for remote lock and unlock.
    The transceiver which actually contains the immobilizer security portion matched to the engine ecu and immobilizer in the cluster (which is read by the ignition coil) and lastly the traditional metal key portion which is inserted into the barrel to turn the ignition lock to start.

The key blade can be easily copied.
    The remote portion is a PCB with radio transmitter. This can be matched to the car using vcds if your PCB is damaged eg key dropped in the water.
    Lastly the glass transponder cannot be replaced with vcds. If you get a new key fob with a new transponder (in the case of a lost key) you need either a dealer or automotive locksmith tools like fbdi, vvdi etc to create a new matched key.
    If your key were water damaged rendering the remote inoperable you could swap the glass transponder to a new key fob and match the remote to the car as the transponder and key blade are waterproof.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

i see,
    so that would mean that i cannot delete the imobiliser transponder part with vcds either correct?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    i see,
    so that would mean that i cannot delete the imobiliser transponder part with vcds either correct?
    Correct.
    Dealer or expensive aftermarket tools only.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

thank you for clarifying.

i will preparemyself for the stealership!