Thread: Electric window malfunction

Electric window malfunction

Hi
    My 2011 Yeti TDI has a intermittent malfunction - all four windows open on their own. Its happened 3 times since I bought the car in March this year - once while driving on the freeway and the other times overnight while parked in the carport i found the all the windows down in the morning. I took it Audi Newcastle who have serviced the car while with previous owners. They upgraded the software, checked for corrosion in the wiring in the doors and said if it happens again bring it back. No other explanation was offered until as I was leaving the service guy said the car has a history of coding issues. He would not elaborate. Audi will not reveal the service record for confidentiality reasons; not sure who they are protecting here. The car still has till November 16 on an extended 5 year warranty. Any experience of th hesr problems or advice about how to handke a warranty claim if thus kind would be much appreciated. BTW the car has been faultless otherwise and its a 6sp Dsg with 95k on it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Any accidents?
    The car could also be used in flooded areas.

No accidents I know of and the flooding is a possibility but I no way of confirming whether or not its so.

Users Country Flag
    One of my windows opens halfway after it's closed. It only does it intermittently. I figured it was just the jam sensor being a bit sensitive.

I'm wondering if yours has something to do with the remote. Do you know you can hold down the unlock button on the remote to open all the windows or hold down the lock button to close all the windows?

I have very occasionally opened and closed my roller door at my house with other keys in my pocket hitting the remote buttons. If you are keeping your keys somewhere that the unlock button maybe accidentally press, the windows may open.

Happy Days

Hi I managed to decipher the handbook and worked out that feature. I'm pretty sure its not the remote- one occasion was driving on the freeway and the second set of keys at home. The other occasions were overnight with keys on their hook inside the house. A bit of s mystery unlesds the coding issues comment suggests an issue with the ecu?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stevarm42 View Post
    Hi I managed to decipher the handbook and worked out that feature. I'm pretty sure its not the remote- one occasion was driving on the freeway and the second set of keys at home. The other occasions were overnight with keys on their hook inside the house. A bit of s mystery unlesds the coding issues comment suggests an issue with the ecu?

Ahhhh, but how do you know your wife/partner/buddy wasn't following you up the freeway holding the unlock button and laughing?

Honestly though, I'd doubt the coding would change even if there were faults.

Happy Days