Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need an adaptor for my Bluetooth capable iPod ?

Users Country Flag

Question Do I need an adaptor for my Bluetooth capable iPod ?

I haven't got my 2013 Yeti TDI yet but would like to know if my 8pin iPod needs an adaptor to power it via the 3.5mm plug?
    Is Bluetooth (streaming) the way to go?
    Is the SD card a better way?
    Being on the wrong side of retirement age makes it a challenge. and sorry if it's been done to death.

Users Country Flag
    All options you've listed will work well, but I'd personally favour an SD card for something that can just be left in the car and requires zero care and maintenance once you've loaded up your music. You can get some very high capacity SDXC cards these days for not much money. Then maybe use your iPod for Bluetooth streaming of content that changes regularly eg podcasts.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by scobb View Post
    All options you've listed will work well, but I'd personally favour an SD card for something that can just be left in the car and requires zero care and maintenance once you've loaded up your music. You can get some very high capacity SDXC cards these days for not much money. Then maybe use your iPod for Bluetooth streaming of content that changes regularly eg podcasts.
    Do you still have your iTunes library on yr computer after downloading to yr SD card? If so, how do they stop you 'sharing' it with friends? I thought apple wouldn't want that.

and the cable?..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    Do you still have your iTunes library on yr computer after downloading to yr SD card? If so, how do they stop you 'sharing' it with friends? I thought apple wouldn't want that.

and the cable?..
    Every lock has a key. I loaded heaps of my ITunes library onto an SDcard and from there onto my HDD in the 510. However they were in the library from another folder on the computer.

Wouldn't have thought a 3.5 socket would be powered

My socket in the centre console only plays from the headphone socket on my old Iphone and therefore doesn't charge it
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Every lock has a key. I loaded heaps of my ITunes library onto an SDcard and from there onto my HDD in the 510. However they were in the library from another folder on the computer.

Wouldn't have thought a 3.5 socket would be powered

My socket in the centre console only plays from the headphone socket on my old Iphone and therefore doesn't charge it
    Thanks Hillbliiy, so where do you get power for the iPod, not the lighter surely?.

Users Country Flag
    I don't know Just that a audio ACC socket wont have power

Usually use the Apple USB cable on those devices or a Ciggy plug depending on the voltage required USB usually has 5V so possibly
    need a 12/5V stepdown Ciggy plug.

I have an MDI unit so didn't have the problem

Users Country Flag

Do I need an adaptor for my Bluetooth capable iPod ?

Digital Rights Management (DRM) on tracks you've purchased will prevent you from sharing files with friends.

Your iTunes library should be unaffected by copying your music to an SD card.

I don't think you will be able to power/charge your iPod from the 3.5mm socket.

Does your Yeti have an MDI interface? If so, that will solve your problems of charging and playback. If not, charge via USB.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah mine were all from ripped CD's I own or from the net so I could copy them to what I like It seems an ITunes library is only an index of what I put in from the Folder of music which was on a different drive.

The 3.5 cable is audio only from the headphone socket of a device usually, to and audio in connector in the car.

Scobb,
    I just don't know where the MDI plug is in the car and the iPod is a nano 8pin. Maybe I need an adaptor for it too.

Users Country Flag

Your car has to be fitted at extra cost to have an MDI connector usually in glovebox or as in new Golf in console

This is what a Passat one looks like with the cable in it

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...10-mdiport.jpg

This is the cable that connects Apple products to a MDI interface which allows you to play music from it and have full wheel button control.

Audi Volkswagen AMI MMI Media IN MDI Interface Adaptor Cable FOR Iphone OR USE | eBay
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 09-02-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast