Thread: Transporter's Crafter 4Motion 2021

Users Country Flag

Transporter's Crafter 4Motion 2021

G'day fellow vaners.
    It's time to revive our Crafter section, with the good news. I'm finally back in the new 2021 Crafter 4Motion, with slightly changed specs - the LED headlights were swapped for the towbar. The LED headlights looked good but I hardly ever drive at night and the ordinary globes are much cheaper to replace when they fail.

Changes in model 2021 compared to 2020,
    my observation so far;

- deleted USB port from top of the dash
    - USB ports are now USB-C
    - no SD card slot anywhere
    - the radio has only 2 physical switches now and the rest is touch screen, I prefer the physical buttons
    - the vehicle Wifi cannot be turned off, which is a major privacy concern in todays world and it'll have to be disabled, pushing the switch off does nothing.

Pictures to follow shortly.

You have had a long wait for this one. I hope ownership this time will be a happy experience.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag
    Hopefully you have more luck with the 21 model, its good to see that they are moving over to usb c, its a cleaner look and it chargers faster.

i'm personally looking forwards to seeing how much they charger for the factory fitted seikel suspension for the 22 model
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag
    i'm personally looking forwards to seeing how much they charger for the factory fitted seikel suspension for the 22 model[/QUOTE]

I have just discovered this forum and am planning on purchasing Crafter 4motion, Bryn23 your message mentions factory seikel, I have never seen mention of this before and the options list doesnt mention it. Where did you hear of this?
    Rtee

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtee View Post
    i'm personally looking forwards to seeing how much they charger for the factory fitted seikel suspension for the 22 model
    I have just discovered this forum and am planning on purchasing Crafter 4motion, Bryn23 your message mentions factory seikel, I have never seen mention of this before and the options list doesnt mention it. Where did you hear of this?
    Rtee[/QUOTE]

Hi Rtee

yeah it's going to be offered later this year, i'm guessing when they offer the MY22 model.

Im personally hoping that they offer a factory tire size increase as part of the off-road seikel package, as then the speedo will be accurate and its all legal in all states.

2021 Volkswagen Amarok and Crafter: Seikel off-road accessory range due second half of 2021 | CarAdvice

The crafter part is at the end of the article.

As for the tire size, the Torus Terrastorm appears to be 265/75 R17

Torsus Terrastorm off-road bus revealed | CarAdvice

I'd expect that if the VW package include larger tires, then they wouldn't be this large, it would most likely be a tire that keeps it around 50mm including suspension lift.
    Last edited by Bryn23; 12-04-2021 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added the torus info

Users Country Flag
    The crafter part is at the end of the article.

As for the tire size, the Torus Terrastorm appears to be 265/75 R17

Torsus Terrastorm off-road bus revealed | CarAdvice

I'd expect that if the VW package include larger tires, then they wouldn't be this large, it would most likely be a tire that keeps it around 50mm including suspension lift.[/QUOTE]

It would be right up our alley to have that factory fitout, we did order a Crafter yesterday and today I asked about the possibilty of the lift. I dont think it will happen but no harm in asking. We also dont want to wait for it to be "on the market"

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtee View Post
    It would be right up our alley to have that factory fitout, we did order a Crafter yesterday and today I asked about the possibilty of the lift. I dont think it will happen but no harm in asking. We also dont want to wait for it to be "on the market"
    Congrats on the purchase, and i can understand not waiting around to see if it is indeed offered as an option

but, it's not a huge deal as the seikel lift kit can be purchased and fitted if required later down the track
    Last edited by Transporter; 23-04-2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Fix quote

Users Country Flag

We will probably do the post delivery fit, i just would have preferred straight from the factory, only one place to go back to if something goes wrong....maybe