Thread: Passenger Seat - 2022 Crafter 4Motion

Passenger Seat - 2022 Crafter 4Motion

We've just become owners of a 2022 LWB Crafter 4Motion. Never owned a VW before; or even a European car, for that matter. Kinda stumbled into ownership as we were looking for something possibly smaller and white, but ended up with a heaving big blue behemoth! The previous owner waited a year for it to be delivered and when it finally arrived, discovered that the fitout he wanted for his family of 6 kids would take the tare weight over the GVM.

Hubby is totally in love with her; I'm still a little gun-shy. The previous owner ticked every optional extra available (except for the 4.0T GVM upgrade - LOL!) but for the life of me, I find it hard to believe, that with all its bells & whistles, I simply can't adjust the passenger seat! Driver's seat moves, massages and wriggles in every conceivable direction, but I can't get my seat to so much as recline!

Anyhow, I'm sure she'll win me over, especially as we fit her out ourselves to suit what we need. First: the seats! Which is how I found this forum. I'm wondering if I replace the front passenger seat, can the current bench seat be moved back a row? What does everyone recommend for a front seat replacement? My back thanks you all in advance

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on your new Van!

First you'll need a new seat..........probably ask VW about a passenger bucket but maybe another driver's seat with all the bells and whistles might be in order.

Then you'll want the swivel bases so you can turn them around to face the leisure area.

VW Crafter swivel seat base for passenger seat, from 2017, approval ECE-N1 | Swivel Seat Base VW | Motorhome & Camper Seats, Seat Belts, Swivel Seats, Benches | Camping Shop | Reimo Australia

VW Crafter swivel seat base for driver seat, from 2017, approval ECE-N1 | Swivel Seat Base VW | Motorhome & Camper Seats, Seat Belts, Swivel Seats, Benches | Camping Shop | Reimo Australia
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome Lin,

It appears every option but the Captains Chairs and GVM upgrade, was ticked.
    After a 6 month wait my LWB High roof van arrived, my love affair is well under way.

If its just the two of you, I highly recommend the Genuine VW Captains Chairs, with fold down arm rests, the ability to rotate the chairs to the rear creates so much more useable space, it also facilitates the need to remove that pesky dividing wall.

With proper engineering, for Roadworthy requirements, i reckon a good fabricator would be able to mount that uncomfortable front bench seat into the rear.
    Are you in Victoria...?
    It just so happens I am a Fabricator with Skill.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG View Post

If its just the two of you, I highly recommend the Genuine VW Captains Chairs, with fold down arm rests, the ability to rotate the chairs to the rear creates so much more useable space, it also facilitates the need to remove that pesky dividing wall.
    The dividing wall was already removed; I guess because of the Rear Airconditioning which the first owner had installed.

With proper engineering, for Roadworthy requirements, i reckon a good fabricator would be able to mount that uncomfortable front bench seat into the rear.
    Are you in Victoria...?
    It just so happens I am a Fabricator with Skill.
    We're in North Coast NSW but I'm sure a trip to Melbourne could easily be on the cards. LOL!

On a sad note, I've discovered that it doesn't have Park Assist, so he didn't tick all the boxes

Users Country Flag
    I'm actually about to leave Melbourne before winter sets in.
    My suggestion is not to come down here, the traffic is horrendous, plus the weather is about to become Arctic.

The best Option I ticked, was the Heated Leather Steering wheel, great for Melbourne winters, and gives that little extra lift in the front cabin.

Another word of advice, if your thinking about spray foam insulation, be very careful... My experience cost me alot grief and heart ache.

Users Country Flag
    With the camera, I find the Crafter easier to park than my Transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by linburnlane View Post
    The dividing wall was already removed; I guess because of the Rear Airconditioning which the first owner had installed.

We're in North Coast NSW but I'm sure a trip to Melbourne could easily be on the cards. LOL!

On a sad note, I've discovered that it doesn't have Park Assist, so he didn't tick all the boxes
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

I recently had the Multivan floor rail system, 2 captain chairs and one bench sets installed in the back of my 2022 MWB Crafter. After two attempts, the installers got it it right. Still waiting for the engineering certificates though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
    I'm actually about to leave Melbourne before winter sets in.
    My suggestion is not to come down here, the traffic is horrendous, plus the weather is about to become Arctic.

The best Option I ticked, was the Heated Leather Steering wheel, great for Melbourne winters, and gives that little extra lift in the front cabin.

Another word of advice, if your thinking about spray foam insulation, be very careful... My experience cost me alot grief and heart ache.
    What was your experience with spray foam? I have started to remove interior linings and considering using foam in some locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Never use spray foam in areas where there are actuators etc.
    Stuff something like I used to insulate your van.

SoundScreen Insulation | Acoustic Insulation | Bradford Insulation
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.