Thread: OBD11 compliant ??

Users Country Flag

OBD11 compliant ??

I assume the 09 2.5 is OBD11 compliant, if that's the case what Android scan tools are you ppl using to run checks ?

I found area, most of repairman used launch easy diag x431.

SM-G610F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Users Country Flag
    On Board Diagnostics or OBD has been a thing since the 60s and was mandated in everything in US from the mid 90's with OBD-II, pronounced "OBD Two".

So yes, your '09 model should be just fine

When it comes to scan tools there are a range of options:

The cheapest is a generic ELM327 module. I've used a couple of different $10 - 30 eBay jobs on Android tablets with Torque Pro which I love. One of the reasons I might switch from an Apple to an Android phone and/or install an android based head unit in my cars.
    Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle

Some people like OBDeleven, although this is more about tweaking things on modern vehicles quickly and easily and it comes at a higher cost:
    OBDeleven PRO Diagnostic System – Audi, Skoda & Volkswagen – AutoInstruct

If you really want to blow the budget you could get a HEX-NET interface from Ross Tech. Overkill for the weekend DIY at it's very best, but then it's probably the most comprehensive option out there. Works in a web browser on your phone as well as on your computer over wifi (or using a cable).
    Ross-Tech: Home

Beyond that there are lots of cheap apps on the app store that claim to read and clear things. It really depends on what you want acheive? Are you trying to fix something, tweak something? Or just clear the occassional code?

My recommendation is to start with a cheap bluetooth dongle and Torque Pro and go from there.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks chaps.
    At this stage it's only a curiosity.
    I don't particularly want to change anything but I would like to be able to find out what's going on if/when the engine light comes on.
    My son has some whiz-bang thing for his Subby and asked if I wanted Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.........
    No idea..........

This is what he's told me............
    You just need an obdii key off ebay, you can get a wifi one or a Bluetooth one, so have a think about which you'd prefer. Because if you have a wifi key for example, you won't be able to connect to the internet and your car, it will have to be one or the other.

I reckon I'll grab one of these and see how it all comes together.

Sale! ELM327 OBD2 ODBII EOBD Bluetooth BT Scanner Scan Tool Android IOS Apple OZ 632096265843 | eBay

This will run on Torque-Lite and Pro

Users Country Flag
    I have a generic Bluetooth ELM327 OBDII module that works well with my android phone and Torque Lite (the free, cutdown version of Torque Pro). If you have an iPhone then you will need a wifi ELM327 OBDII module as the iPhones will not work with bluetooth stack for an ELM327 (worked this out the hard way when I lent my ELM327 OBDII to a mate who has an iPhone and we could not work out why it refused to connect until I did a bit of googling).
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag

Pretty much any bluetooth ELM327 module will work with Torque lite/pro on Android, as feenix74 said, iPhone needs the WiFi version. As an iPhone user, I'd rather have an android for this, the bluetooth module always seems to work better than the WiFi ones (I've got both here somewhere, both sub $10 units).

As for the one you linked, I'm sure it will work, but I'm also pretty sure most of the $5 ones will too as they are all generic clones of the ELM327. A genuine one is more like $50+ In my very limited experience of about 4 different cheap ones they have all worked fine for what I wanted.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit