Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Whip - 2016 Crafter Tdi 300

New Whip - 2016 Crafter Tdi 300

Thanks for the bits of info crew, we did the deal and picked this baby up on Wednesday.

60k km
    Very clean and was already plyed out on the Walls. Flooring is just rubber mat though so will have to look into changing that at some stage. Aftermarket reverse camera fitted. Will be looking at some dash cam and lighting package options for the cargo area.

First step was to strip all the gear from our T5 and see how much space we use.

Ladder rack roller and ratchets went on, probably need to mod it slightly and lengthen the arms that support the roller so it clears the doors better when loading. Also will put a ladder bracket up front so the guys don’t need to hang off one handed trying to lash it down.

Will evolve the pack out system over the coming weeks and get used to what works. But for now plenty of room inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Foxpuppet; 18-07-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Users Country Flag
    It looks great.

Looking forward to the build!

I am getting the light bulb warning light every time the brake is applied, have checked and all lights are working. I don’t have any scanning tools.

Any ideas what can cause this? Reading the manual wasn’t much help if bulbs are still working.

Users Country Flag
    Remove the stop lights globes and check the wire between 2 posts against sky or bright light, give the globe couple flicks with your finger and see if the wire is still attached the the posts.
    Last edited by Transporter; 24-07-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Remove the stop lights globes and check the wire between 2 posts against sky or bright light, give the globe couple flicks with your finger and see if the wire is still attached the the posts.
    transporter - Any recommendations on good headlight bulb combos for these? Recently lost a low beam bulb so looking to replace them. Lights are not particularly strong so any suggestions on better than stock would be appreciated. Also considering a light bar after recent work trip to snowy mountains involved a lot of night KM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    transporter - Any recommendations on good headlight bulb combos for these? Recently lost a low beam bulb so looking to replace them. Lights are not particularly strong so any suggestions on better than stock would be appreciated. Also considering a light bar after recent work trip to snowy mountains involved a lot of night KM.

I use HELLA or OSRAM. Hella should last longer. They should’ve +30 or +50 globes. As for the light bars, about months ago they had Narva small light bars for $75 with the bracket. Two of those on the roof would look good and should throw enough light being 6000 Lumens.

Received a shock this morning when I spotted this significant sidewall slice.

Front Tyres still had some decent life left but rears need doing.

Caled up the local Bob Jane to see what options were available. The Jtrax AT 245/70/16 113s was suggested and seemed to be a nice solid choice with tougher side wall but a bit cheaper than the Bridgestone option.

So sent my offsides in to get them fitted to which they refused.

They informed me they cannot be fitted as too big a size increase. Now I remember it can’t be more than 7% over the standard tyre which is 235/65/16. Jumping to a 245/70/16 is only 5.4% increase. Then they said it’s different for commercial vehicles and only a 15mm increase is allowed.

Is this right? Vehicle is under 4.5 GVM which NSW RMS states up to 7% is allowed according to VSI no9

@transporter do you know much about this?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    I am getting the light bulb warning light every time the brake is applied, have checked and all lights are working. I don’t have any scanning tools.

Any ideas what can cause this? Reading the manual wasn’t much help if bulbs are still working.

We had this in a Polo. start the car ok, no warning lights, put foot on brake and "bulb out" icon came on. All bulbs and brake light switch were good. Finally got it fixed before selling the car COST $1030 all up BCM Voltage out was too low, only 9 v. So bought a s/hand identically numbered BCM $150, had car electrics reset $395 rest was labour.

VW wanted $1130 for new BCM plus fitting cost ??? Bend over LOL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast