Thread: Crafter Bi Turbo Oil Leak.

Users Country Flag

Crafter Bi Turbo Oil Leak.

Hi Guys N Girls..

wondering if any other Crafter owners have had oil building up around the No 1 Injector, Engine oil.

Its pooling around, where the rocker cover meets the injector, its not from the fill tube, which is nearby.

I have it booked in for a Dealer to inspect.

I would be interested to know if it is a common issue.

Thanks.

Steve.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So,
    I took my Crafter to a VW Dealer, it was inspected.
    They wernt completely sure where the oil leak was coming from, and needed to re-book me as they said parts were not available.
    Assuming they mean that its just the rocker cover gasket and the O rings around the injectors.

They warned me that if it was dismantled and they found it to be something other than just rocker cover seals, they would need to order parts and could mean up to 2 weeks wait time. It is an isolated part of the country.
    As I am travelling at the moment, its my home, so the idea of it being stationary, dismantled and un-liveable for up to two weeks is not working for me.

A small part of me feels they wanted to brush me off. No financial gain for a warranty job.

I will wait until I'm back in my home town to have it repaired. Its not dripping on to the ground, had I not looked down into the cavity, there is no way I would have seen that oil pooling around the injectors.

Makes me wonder how many other Bi Turbo's are leaking oil ....!

Steve.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    SO, the oil leak, according to Brighton VW was the Injector seals. From what I could tell the rocker cover was not removed, looks as though the seals are able to be replaced without removing this.
    I have cleaned the oil mess, which was left behind.....
    I guess in time I will see if the leak has be fixed.

Users Country Flag

It’s good to hear that it’s hopefully fixed.