Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crafter 2.5 Particulate filter

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

and yes running an oil with low "saps" is mandatory for anything with a DPF

with the dust and flies in western Victoria
    Delete the DPF and replace the catalytic converter with one of these diesel particulate filters used in the under ground mining industry (where particulate build-up is a BIG BIG deal). They make one in the size required for the Crafter and Transporter.....cost is about $1,500 per unit. This way you'll stay legal for exhaust pipe emission which is what the DPF is all about.

Diesel Catalytic Converter Diesel Particulate Filter Catalyst

They are also fitted to some of the diesel LPG conversions to control the potentially excessive soot generation...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    Isuzu is somewhat more insane in that the vehicle needs to be pulled to the side of the road and run for 20 minutes..........tell that to a renter!!!!....I had a 3 tonne tipper delivered and when told what needed to be done I told them to take it back as it defied logic and also breached section 74 of the trades practices act....not fit for its purpose. It now makes sense why Isuzu put all the bells and whistles on their trucks in comparison to Hino and Mitsubishi (who are yet to comply with DPF)...Isuzu needed to sell the DPF with toys.....wtf
    Isuzu are insance with that, agreed... I know that Isuzu are going from the DPF for Euro4 to a OXY-Kat for Euro5... The particles will go thru a oxidation process, and makes them harmless, apparenly... and no need to 'trap' them, if you will.

MAN have been running PM-Kats on all there Euro4's, and we haven't had one block up in Aus.... Because instead of trapping the particles and burning them off, its constantly regenerating, and no chance of a blockage. Euro5 under 340hp we are going to OXY-Kats, 360hp-540hp were going to the dreaded AdBlue(SCR)

Given that MAN is owned by VW, you would think that they would be looking within for better solutions...

VW Crafter DPF can be programed by your local dealer for a forced DPF regeneration As to carbon soot contamination this can be reduced to a low Nox at the tailpipe of <0.3 Providing you use a Ultra low Diesel 10/ppm with a 51 cetane rating of which is available in most Australian states.
    be aware of Winter grade fuels refereed to as Mountain an Alpine ULSD this is not Ultra ULSD.
    Additive as to an upper cylinder lubricants are still required to reduce carbon build up in the intake valve area and carbonizing of injector jet flows.
    This fully covered under your existing warranty with VW providing you use flow guard Mercedes or VW renamed brand
    OILS LOW SAPS MY YEAR JULY 2006 JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT FULL SYNTHETIC OILS SUITABLE OR A DIESEL TURBO ENGINE WITH EGR AND DPF
    5/40W 10/40 esp LOW SAPS LOOK FOR SCR IF PRESENT DO NOT USE.
    0W-40 OILS ARE THE TOP OF THE RANGE BUT HARD TO FIND FOR A CRAFTIER ENGINE 4INLINE OR 5 INLINE: CASTROL EDGE SPORT 0W-40 VW 502 00/505 00 fore fills the former VW 503.01
    As many oils have the same API rating 0W 40 beware of which variant you have Euro 3 Euro 4 as an example Euro 3 is rated 229.5 Euro 4 is rated 229.51 with different ACEA ratings.
    Euro 5 is now available in Australia from July 2009 through to July 2011 after Euro 6 EEV kicks in.till 2016
    The DPF will no longer be used after 2016 as to using an exclusive water cooling system via the EGR system.
    Caltex Vortex Diesel
    10pp/m or less with factory de-foaming and cleaning additives from refinery to pump. After three full tanks of 10/ppm your mileage for fuel economy as to both oils an fuel that meet the M11 FE standards should return at 110 Kilometers an hour with a GVM 3500 KG load of 6.9 liters per hundred kilometers. or 9.5 as a Urban terrorist.
    Richard
    Altered Sprinter Rocks with both Sprinters kind of like witcraft
    cause were both Crafty.

my dpf was blocked.
    I took it out and filled with degreaser then let it sit for a day.
    I then got a hi pressure cleaner and cleaned it out. there was a lot of gunk that came out and i re did the process.
    Now no more limp mode or problems.

The vehicles used in the city are slow and the stop is used because the exhaust does not reach enough heat because the dpf filter is available. It is also necessary to run for 20 minutes and ensure that the exhaust reaches sufficient heat to be cleaned. the exhaust dfp filter that reaches enough heat will burn and exhaust the institutions in the filter. when you start to hear the smell of exhaust rubber burns, your dpf filter is being cleaned. After a while, the dpf filter will burn excess fuel and damage the injectors because of exhaust gas from the exhaust. this is the event we call the land event.
    Best regrads.

SM-G610F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Yep my 2011 Crafty 2.5 had a blocked DPF vw quoted $6000 for a new one inc labour , I found a guy that replaced the sensor and washed out the filter but the core was damaged so he found an after market filter $3000 fitted fine , it’s been 2 years now it’s starting to play up again, what about the egr? Clean or replace?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123