Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RETROFIT LED DRLS // BI XENON HEADLIGHTS // mk6 147tsi Jetta

Users Country Flag

RETROFIT LED DRLS // BI XENON HEADLIGHTS // mk6 147tsi Jetta

Hi All,

I have a 2013 VW 147tsi Jetta, have had it since new and absolutely love the car, great value for 36k.
    Im in my last yr of warranty now, and never had any mechanical issues with the car, couple of doors lock have gone over the last couple of years, but always covered under warranty.

Now my only real gripe with this car, is that I have the crappy halogen headlights.

My plan was always to trade / sell after warranty was up (or close to the end) and then buy a golf r or s3, but really considering keeping now as they aren't worth much, and pretty much running with it til it gives me too many issues.

I've recently also bought an rline tiguan (for the wife) so don't really want to get another car loan, but those LED DRLS / HEADLIGHTS are so hot!
    and it got me thinking id b pretty content to keep the Jetta if i can somehow find someone in Sydney who can do a retrofit of the lights for me.

I know when they brought out the facelift for the jetta and the highlines came with the LED DRLS / Bi XENONS as standard, does anyone know somewhere that i can go to get this fitted to my jetta?

Also, these look pretty nice?

Fit 11-14 VW Jetta MK6 Euro Black Projector Headlights+LED DRL Light Bar | eBay

wouldnt mind these either -

Volkswagen Jetta Exact OEM Fit LED Daytime Running Lights
    Last edited by DoggiesUtd; 08-12-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I fitted LED bulbs into the DRL in the existing headlights, which were much brighter and whiter as a stop gap.
    The headlights I find are OK, I'm a bit wary of fitting non-OEM headlight kits personally.
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Users Country Flag
    Just make sure you get RHD (Right Hand Drive) Headlights.
    There are some that are exact replicas of the Factory Xenon headlights, that would be my preference...

Let us know how you go!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    is it possible to get OEM LED DRLS / BIXENON headlights fitted with the auto levelling?

i dont want any illegal stuff

I stumbled across these today, after market units that are made by osram!

OSRAM LEDriving XENARC GOLF VI Black Edition Headlights - Upgrade from Halogen to Xenon Now!

Not cheap at £600+ but might be worth looking into?

Too bad they don't have anything for my mk5!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yeh im thinking it might be easier just to buy a new car

any ideas when a new jetta will be released?

not sure if i like the look of it

2018 Volkswagen Jetta leaked

Quote Originally Posted by DoggiesUtd View Post
    Hi All,

I have a 2013 VW 147tsi Jetta, have had it since new and absolutely love the car, great value for 36k.
    Im in my last yr of warranty now, and never had any mechanical issues with the car, couple of doors lock have gone over the last couple of years, but always covered under warranty.

Now my only real gripe with this car, is that I have the crappy halogen headlights.

My plan was always to trade / sell after warranty was up (or close to the end) and then buy a golf r or s3, but really considering keeping now as they aren't worth much, and pretty much running with it til it gives me too many issues.

I've recently also bought an rline tiguan (for the wife) so don't really want to get another car loan, but those LED DRLS / HEADLIGHTS are so hot!
    and it got me thinking id b pretty content to keep the Jetta if i can somehow find someone in Sydney who can do a retrofit of the lights for me.

I know when they brought out the facelift for the jetta and the highlines came with the LED DRLS / Bi XENONS as standard, does anyone know somewhere that i can go to get this fitted to my jetta?

Also, these look pretty nice?

Fit 11-14 VW Jetta MK6 Euro Black Projector Headlights+LED DRL Light Bar | eBay

wouldnt mind these either -

Volkswagen Jetta Exact OEM Fit LED Daytime Running Lights
    Hey mate where are you located ? I have a set of the first Headlights you posted I’m looking st selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amascaro08 View Post
    Hey mate where are you located ? I have a set of the first Headlights you posted I’m looking st selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hey mate, i actually got some aftermarket ones and fit them a few weeks back, havent been on this forum in so long, look pretty good if u ask me! dynamic blinkers and all

none of these headlights/tailights throw up codes (bit of re-wiring on tail lights as it through up a code for fog light being out, as they are meant to be on the right but easy fix)

working on finding some LED license plate globes with built in resistor as the ones i have now are throwing up the code
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RETROFIT LED DRLS // BI XENON HEADLIGHTS // mk6 147tsi Jetta-vw-jetta2-jpg   RETROFIT LED DRLS // BI XENON HEADLIGHTS // mk6 147tsi Jetta-vw-jetta-jpg  

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoggiesUtd View Post
    hey mate, i actually got some aftermarket ones and fit them a few weeks back, havent been on this forum in so long, look pretty good if u ask me! dynamic blinkers and all

none of these headlights/tailights throw up codes (bit of re-wiring on tail lights as it through up a code for fog light being out, as they are meant to be on the right but easy fix)

working on finding some LED license plate globes with built in resistor as the ones i have now are throwing up the code
    So are the headlights for left hand or right hand drive as they have different cutoffs
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast