Support VWWC

Thread: Jetta MK6 2.0 TSI oil temp 100 -110

Jetta MK6 2.0 TSI oil temp 100 -110

Noticed today the Jetta oil temp on the dash Jumps between 100 to 110 after running for awhile. Is that normal operating temperature? Also I can't hear the radiator fan kick in. Is it possible something is wrong? I recently got a radiator flush and put in the proper coolant all done by a mechanic. No leaks and coolant level remains the same.
    Last edited by sirlitchfield; 27-11-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Users Country Flag
    What's the ambient temperature? Are you going uphill, or other load on the motor?

Going uphill on a hot day I see temperatures similar to that, but they soon drop once the load is taken off the motor.

As we're at the start of summer I'd get the fans checked, they might have left a connection unconnected...
    2015 Jetta Highline
    2017 Ducati Supersport S

It has been pretty cool this past week and that temp is just at regular driving speed city driving or in traffic it hovers between 100-110.

Would the car not notify me with a check engine light if the fan was not working or connected? I mean it tells me if any of my light bulbs are out I assume it would notify me of a big issue like that.. I could be wrong.