Thread: End of the Line for Jetta (in Oz)

End of the Line for Jetta (in Oz)

Well it's happened - Jetta has been pulled off VW Australia website. You can only puchase runout cars from dealers and once the stock is gone that'll be it for the Jetta in Oz for now at least.

There's no plans to build the new 2018 Jetta in RHD so you'll just have to join the masses and go and buy a SUV.

Volkswagen cuts Jetta from its line-up - motoring.com.au

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Yep.

I was at Duttons on Monday and commented the Jetta had disappeared from the website. They confirmed there are no plans at this time to make RHD Jettas.

I commented that I'll just have to hang on to mine, I don't want a SUV and Sedans are more grown up than hatches (for want of a better way to put it) and they said they are receiving the same feedback.

Oh, and while I was talking to them I had half an eye on the service bays and noticed a mechanic using a torque wrench to put the wheels back on an Amarok. Pointed it out to the service manager and he said it is standard workshop procedure! Onya, Duttons. I normally run a torque wrench over any of our cars that have had someone else remove and replace wheels...
    2015 Jetta Highline
    2017 Ducati Supersport S

I think part of the problem with the Jetta was that it was such an old car.

It needed to get updated when the Mk7 Golf came out but they still kept running the Mk6underneath for another 4 years. It's a decent car but it was long overdue for replacement. I'm pretty sure dieselgate is to blame for no RHD Jetta program as well as no gen4 Scirocco. Plus the high demand for SUVs globally.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Current Jetta is MK7 underneath.

VW Australia has been slowly consolidating their line-up for some time now. People are pricing up spec'd-out Jettas, for example, and then realising they can get a Passat for similar money, which leads them into Superbs and A4s. There's too much of a cross over between models, that opens potential buyers eyes to looking at other brands as well in the same price bracket.

The Jetta is ok, but you can see where they stripped all the money out of it, to get the price down. Definitely a step down from the previous one. Plus it's Mexican.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I wish there was an option for the Jetta to be specced out as a Golf R or at the very least a 206 Passat.

I recently bought a new Golf R Wolfsburg but I desperately wanted an Audi S3 sedan.
    I would have jumped through hoops to get a Jetta R.
    His: 2018 Golf 7.5 R Wolfsburg Edition Hatch
    Hers: 2017 Passat B8 206 R-Line Sportswagon