Support VWWC

Thread: What do I need ? VCDS Software and Cable

Users Country Flag

What do I need ? VCDS Software and Cable

Someone has said Ne-Tech, others say OBD... many say Vagcom and Ross Tech VCDS.

I want to plug in and change those bits and bytes, clear codes and understand all about my car.

Love to have a fiddle... lol

Please help me gentleman.
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    and any females too... sorry!

A little confused about what I need but I have only just started to learn today.
    Last edited by steveyoshi; 13-11-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.

Users Country Flag
    VAGCOM is now known as VCDS. From the same company - Rosstech in the US.
    OBD is 'Onboard Diagnostics' and is the term for the physical port which these cables connect to.
    Whilst the connector is standardised across the industry, only basic fault code scans are standard, the rest are proprietary per manufacturer.

Bottom line is you want a VCDS cable (the licence is in the cable itself). You only need the newer micro-can to support your vehicles:
    Ross-Tech Store: VCDS License with Micro-CAN Unlimited VIN (most VW '05.5 to current)
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you for that... very much appreciated.

So download the free software from the same website... buy this lead and plug and play... so too speak ? Lol

Is there any software licensing costs that are hidden. The website isnt so clear and confuses me a little, however I dont think there is.

Users Country Flag

Yes you can download the software for free, the license is in the cable itself. That way you can install VCDS on as many laptops as you like, just use the cable and activate it. There are no additional costs. Software upgrades for life.
    If the cable is second hand, you can pay $99 to transfer the license to a new owner, only if you want direct support from Rosstech.
    I have a second hand cable but haven't needed to pay that transfer cost yet as there is plenty of info online.
    With that said their support is excellent should it be required.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500