Support VWWC

Thread: Wanting to re install RCD510

Users Country Flag

Wanting to re install RCD510

Hi guys,

Looking at selling my Golf and I want to sell my RNS510 seperate to the car as I doubt it will add value.

I still have my factory RCD510 unit in the cupboard. Will I need to re code the car to accept the RCD510 or can I just pluf it back in.

Namely will the steering whee controls work as I had to do a code change to get the RNS working. and will I be left with any errors on the dash?

I am in Camden region if anyone is able to help me out with any re coding required. Happy to pay for your time.

Users Country Flag
    Hey sparkey,

I'm pretty sure that you can just plug it in and its relatively easy to do. Did you have the bluetooth module installed with your RNS510?

Cheers,

If you were to sell the RCD510 how much would you be looking for?
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag

It will go straight back in. Did it when I sold my polo. I left the gps antenna cable as I connected it to the shark fin on the roof instead of using the supplied antenna you normally get. Usually a little black box you sit at the front under the dash. I would pull that out to sell with the unit if that's what you used.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI