Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCP (VAG CAN Pro) Cable Needed

Users Country Flag

Question VCP (VAG CAN Pro) Cable Needed

Anyone around the Brisban/Ipswich QLD area that has a GENUINE VCP cable they'd be willing to let me hire or do a quick coding feature for me? Or even anywhere in Australia I'm happy to work out a hire deal with shipping etc.

I bought a clone cable off Aliexpress to try and unfortunately the feature I need doesn't work and I'm not shelling out $700 for a genuine cable to do 1 tweak.

Thanks!
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag
    What do you want to do
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Enable the automatic folding mirrors on the door controllers. Can't be done with VCDS.

Users Country Flag
    Which door control modules?
    If gen3 then you won't get them working with VCP as the eeprom data is not known for RHD.
    Better off just getting a set of gen4 controllers out of a mk6 (need all 4) and then you can change with VCDS/OBD11.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

VCP does specifically state it works on the Mk5 and theres many people I've found that have done that have done it with VCP so I'm willing to try it. There's even a guide online on how to manually change the EEPROM to support it on Mk5s but VCP has a one click function to do it anyway.

It only works on 'N' revision controllers which I already have after retrofitting power folding mirrors.
    Last edited by sebas_thefish; 03-01-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Yes it works for LHD Gen3 modules.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

It has also now been proven to work on RHD. There's plenty of info and videos online about it being done on RHD Golfs with VCP. Hence why I'm wanting to test it out-if it doesn't work then I'm no worse off.

Just need to find someone with a VCP cable I can borrow so I can try it...

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge

Users Country Flag
    If you have a link with a RHD car and gen3 module with working folding please feel free to share it.
    It wasn't something which was known a few years ago but of course could well have been solved as it's just a matter of knowing which bits to flip in the eeprom.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If you have a link with a RHD car and gen3 module with working folding please feel free to share it.
    It wasn't something which was known a few years ago but of course could well have been solved as it's just a matter of knowing which bits to flip in the eeprom.
    You might remember quite a few years ago I enabled folding mirrors in my B7 Passat but had to be a Gen 4 whichever bit it needed. You provided instructions from memory
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes luckily it has been worked out. Here's just a couple of the videos from a guy in the UK who does it:

VW Retrofit - Golf MK5 2007 coded with power folding...
    VW Retrofit - MK5 2008 upgraded with power folding...
    VW Retrofit - Golf MK5 ED30 with power folding mirrors on...

One of the forums about it- Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote

It's been proven countless times to work on Mk5s now. I've even found the changes that need to be made manually in the EEPROM for it but it can also be done automatically by VCP.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast