Thread: Vcds in brisbane

Users Country Flag

Vcds in brisbane

Hi all,
    Just wanted to know where I can get the aux function on my rcd300 enabled through vcds in brisbane? If anyone can recommend or know anyone who can, it would be greatly appreciated! Can pay and travel if need be!
    Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    if you find out how to do it I can help with VCDS cable and laptop, I'm in kangaroo point...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sweet, thank you! I’ll find out what needs to be done and get back to you about it! Thanks again!

Hey guile, I was able to find out how to do the coding for the radio, so just let us know when it’s a good time for you to be able to get it done! Thanks again!

Users Country Flag
    One night next week would suit mate, PM your details...

Would also be a good idea to post the coding process here so I can understand it which will save time on the night...

ok so this is what I found!

after connecting the cable and booting up VCDS, you can either auto scan for all the modules or go straight to the button on the main menu that says "select modules"
    for the radio, its module 56. After selecting it there are 2 ways to change the code depending on what version of the car/ VCDS it is. They call it Recode screen and Long coding screen
    On the radio recode screen, it will show the software coding number for the module. you hover the mouse over that number for a few seconds and it will show a secondary table with all the corresponding numbers that need to be changed to activate or disable something
    i.e change the 0 at the end of the code for a 2, to enable the cd stacker/aux or iPod/phone connector
    then you select "do it' to change the code and the exit to the main menu

Long coding screen
    after entering the long coding screen for the radio, you select number 7 for coding and it will go to a 2nd screen where you select the long code helper button. It shows you 3 lines of info, the 3rd line is where you choose an individual byte. Each byte will pop up a screen showing each available option you can enable or disable. (byte 7 I think, is the one to enable the aux function?) after that, you select the "do it" button then save and exit to test it out!
    so hopefully after that, pressing the cd button twice- it will activate and everything will be good to go!
    option 1:

Users Country Flag
    thanks mate, thats the same procedure I have read about but i also read it doesnt work with all models of the rcd300. happy to give it a go though...

i'm not back from work until Monday; i'll respond to your pm with my phone number. give me a text later in the week to remind me but i'm thinking Wednesday evening if that suits you...

if any VCDS gurus can confirm the procedure in the above post that would be appreciated please...

Yeah, I read about that as well. The radios they describe don’t fit the one I have in the car so hopefully it’s not affected! Wednesday evening is good for me but I’ll still msg like you said in the pm anyway! Thanks again!