Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCDS assistance Sydney

Users Country Flag

In a GTI, when you turn the car off, and the light switch is on low beam, the lights will turn off. My MK5 is a highline cluster and I have been doing this for 10 years.

I have seen Scandanavian mode in VCDS before, and it leaves the low beams on, regardless of the headlight switch, so in essence, yes it will do what you want, but it's the same as leaving the low beams on the whole time.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Benough,

when you you say low beam, do you mean just parking lights? If that is the case, in my car these stay on indefinitely, after the ignition is turned off, and the car is locked! For that very reason, I would like to activate the Scandinavian DRLs mode, if at all possible through the VAG COM cable?

Users Country Flag
    Low beams are the lights that you use at night to see where you're going.

No parking lights are to be seen, not to see others

Scandanavian DRL mode is having the low beams on regardless of the light switch position.

Yep, I can do that for you in a lunchbreak if you like?

Users Country Flag
    That would be much appreciated, I live in Ryde and work at North Ryde, let me know when it suits you and I will try to fit in with you. Also if you prefer let me know how to get in contact with you?
    Last edited by WOJ; 27-02-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hi benough, I have a Skoda Mk3 that I could use some help with coding. I want to install a reverse camera but first need to switch the reverse light pulse wave modulation byte from AC to DC to ensure a smooth current.

I don't have vagcom/vcds nor the cable. Could you help out? Cost?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by cktsi; 12-04-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Skoda Octavia Mk3
    (sold) Golf Mark 6 Comfortline 118
    (sold) Golf Mark5 Comfortline Manual 2.0 FSI

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

I would like to do some VCD mods on my Audi. Is there anyone in Sydney that has a Ross-Tech plug that I could use to do this mods? Happy to pay for the use of it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WOJ View Post
    that is correct, I would like to have the tail lights ON at the same time as my daytime running lights. You are right that I can achieve this by switching the light switch to low beam, however when the switch is in this position the dash lights turn on, and each time I would need to turn the switch to OFF or Auto position when I turn the ignition off, otherwise the low beam lights will remain on! Someone has told me this DRL option is called Scandynavian mode??? VW dealership does not know what I am talking about?
    Scandinavian tails are usually done on cars with LED lights and can be done with an APP using an OBDEleven My TIg has it done and it puts your taillights on with the front DRL's but no other front light
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

VCDS Tuning Quote - Headlights

Hey,
    I have just found you through a forum and I am looking for someone who can help me with my 2010 Volkswagen MK6 Golf GTI. I have just bought some second hand, aftermarket headlights and I have a dash "Bulb out" warning. My passenger side bulb turns off occasionally and I am lead to think that it may be the system that is cutting power to it. If you are happy to help, is this something you can help me with?
    Thanks,
    Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12