Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: VAG-COM scanning, who can help

Users Country Flag

Hi is anyone in Melbourne able to help?
    I have an amarok and I swapped to a mk7 gti steering wheel. Only a few buttons work, Iíve been told I need to input some long code to change the amarok to accept the 500bits per second the passenger car sends as opposed to the 250bits the commercial cars do

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_headmen View Post
    Hi is anyone in Melbourne able to help?
    I have an amarok and I swapped to a mk7 gti steering wheel. Only a few buttons work, I’ve been told I need to input some long code to change the amarok to accept the 500bits per second the passenger car sends as opposed to the 250bits the commercial cars do
    Do you know what needs to be changed? Can probably assist at the weekend. But only if you've got information that is half way accurate.

Users Country Flag
    @Deadly_headmen : Hi. hmm..... huh - you want to use VCDS/OBD11 to change the module Baud rate on an Amorok (which I assume is built on a MQB platform - like the mk7 GTI)?

Please tell us (meaning me) how this is done - thanks!!

Don
    Golf MkVII 103TSI (Highline) my13
    Polo 6R 77TSI (Comfortline with Comfort Pack) my14

Users Country Flag

The long code you refer to assumes you have the correct lin converter soldered onto the steering wheel control module.
    This is a custom board and as far as I have seen is suitable for Pq35/46 which have a steering wheel control module seperate from the BCM.
    In pq26 (polo, Amarok, Transporter) this steering wheel control module doesn't exist so the converter would need to be somehow integrated into the BCM and I think that would be much more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243