Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: VAG-COM scanning, who can help

Users Country Flag

Hi is anyone in Melbourne able to help?
    I have an amarok and I swapped to a mk7 gti steering wheel. Only a few buttons work, I’ve been told I need to input some long code to change the amarok to accept the 500bits per second the passenger car sends as opposed to the 250bits the commercial cars do

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_headmen View Post
    Hi is anyone in Melbourne able to help?
    I have an amarok and I swapped to a mk7 gti steering wheel. Only a few buttons work, I’ve been told I need to input some long code to change the amarok to accept the 500bits per second the passenger car sends as opposed to the 250bits the commercial cars do
    Do you know what needs to be changed? Can probably assist at the weekend. But only if you've got information that is half way accurate.

Users Country Flag
    @Deadly_headmen : Hi. hmm..... huh - you want to use VCDS/OBD11 to change the module Baud rate on an Amorok (which I assume is built on a MQB platform - like the mk7 GTI)?

Please tell us (meaning me) how this is done - thanks!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    The long code you refer to assumes you have the correct lin converter soldered onto the steering wheel control module.
    This is a custom board and as far as I have seen is suitable for Pq35/46 which have a steering wheel control module seperate from the BCM.
    In pq26 (polo, Amarok, Transporter) this steering wheel control module doesn't exist so the converter would need to be somehow integrated into the BCM and I think that would be much more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Hi there,

Just bought some LED headlights from supernova to replace my halogen units. I understand that the mk7’s with halogens are coded to dim the drl lights when the low beams are on. Was wondering if anyone in the SE Melbourne area would be able to fix this so the drl’s stay lit as normal when the low beams are on?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_g17 View Post
    Hi there,

Just bought some LED headlights from supernova to replace my halogen units. I understand that the mk7’s with halogens are coded to dim the drl lights when the low beams are on. Was wondering if anyone in the SE Melbourne area would be able to fix this so the drl’s stay lit as normal when the low beams are on?
    Did you enquire about the legality of fitting these before buying them

Are LED Car Headlight Bulbs Road Legal? | LED Upgrades | PowerBulbs AU
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Did you enquire about the legality of fitting these before buying them

Are LED Car Headlight Bulbs Road Legal? | LED Upgrades | PowerBulbs AU
    They are legal yes. The whole headlamp unit is being replaced, it is not just led globes going into a halogen socket.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_g17 View Post
    They are legal yes. The whole headlamp unit is being replaced, it is not just led globes going into a halogen socket.
    Michael: Hi. I need to preface to my response below with a statement that I intend absolutely no offense by my words (I simply seek to inform)!!

I suspect that @Hillbilly question about road legal goes further than the issue of swapping bulbs; he is really asking whether the entire retrofit process is compliant with the Australian Design Rules - which mandates (in addition to other requirements) the need for peripherals like self-levelling system and headlight washers when the lamp intensity (i.e. Lumens) exceeds a threshold value.

I'm not sure where your over-all supernova project sits in terms of the ADR - but like @Hillbilly, I suggest that you satisfy yourself that the car remains road-legal (for lots of reasons related in the main to insurance coverage, legal liability and just plain safety for yourself and the other cabin occupants - and the drivers of on-coming cars)!!

Yes, lots of folk blithely ignore the consequences of these projects on the basis that their decision will never be brought to account. And maybe the probability is that the decision to drive an un-road-worthy car won't ever be brought in front of a court - but the last thing that you want is to have to justify to a Judge why your desire for fancy LED headlights has resulted in harm (or death) of another human!! I don't apologize for raising such a stark example - I just want to ensure that your decision regarding how to proceed is informed!! And frankly, since you likely will be driving in Victoria - I don't want to be the on-coming driver that could be blinded by badly aimed low-beams!!

So - as for your original question about DRL brightness after dark (which ironically is the very same issue as the blinding effect to on-coming cars from the low-beam lamps if a self leveling device isn't fitted) - the answer is "it depends"!

The sad fact is that despite EVERY manufacturer of after-market headlights claiming that their products are OEM - none are!! Take your case as an example, your incandescent fittings have a 10 x pin connector that mates with the factory fitted wiring loom. But OEM LED headlights have a 14 x pin connector. So unless you run additional wires back to the controlling module, they won't be OEM installations.

More than likely, the supernova units will either have a non-OEM 10 x pin connector, or you will need to install a cross wiring harness (which again is not OEM).

The reason for highlighting the non-OEM nature of your project is because the answer to your question depends on each manufacturer's particular design. If it can be done at all - I've seen after-market Chinese headlights in which the DRL can't be dimmed because of non-OEM electronic circuitry inside the fittings themselves!

Don

PS: the other interesting aspect of this project for someone responding to your plea for assistance is the very thorny question of what liability they assume for participating in the creation of a potentially un-roadworthy vehicle.

I'm not a legal person - so I don't know. But my fear is that if ever the loose stools in the brown-stuff and the proverbial fan blades meet - anyone with potential liability will be seeking to discharge that liability onto someone else!! (I'm reminded of the truism "the person who smiles in a crisis always has someone else to blame"!!).

If you are using a professional business for the installation, then the paperwork will likely be covered with legalese denying liability. But for a private individual with a diagnostic cable and a kind, but naive desire to help - maybe it's different (again, I don't know - but the low risk position is clear)
    Last edited by DV52; 21-09-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks for the info Don, I’ll continue to look into it.
    Last edited by Michael_g17; 22-09-2021 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Delete

Users Country Flag

Anyone able to help with some vcds action in Brisbane area?
    I need to do a DSG clutch adaptation to hopefully get the clutches to start fully disengage on stopping.
    My OBDeven won’t do it on my car 🤦🏼*♂️

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast