Support VWWC

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VAG-COM scanning, who can help

wat does the vag-com cable do im interested in knowing as i have a MK4 golf generation 2.0L

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 83_SUS View Post
    wat does the vag-com cable do im interested in knowing as i have a MK4 golf generation 2.0L
    Its for carrying out diagnostic checks of any ECUs in the car, using the OBD port. www.ross-tech.com is the manufacturer and has loads of info.

It's pretty much the same as the system used by the dealer, to check the car out.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Its for carrying out diagnostic checks of any ECUs in the car, using the OBD port. www.ross-tech.com is the manufacturer and has loads of info.

It's pretty much the same as the system used by the dealer, to check the car out.

Gavin
    cool thanks for the info

Just got my hands on a V-Checker (thanks Fuzion!) - absolutely no idea how to use it yet but if someone wants to help me learn on their car (or mine) then I'm in Glen Iris, Melbourne. Drop me a PM.

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    I have a knock-off Micro-CAN VAGCOM cable that works with VCDS in shareware mode. I've tested it on my Tiguan and it'll scan for error codes no problem. Should work with any CANBUS based VW.

If you'd like to test it I am in Panania, Sydney.
    Last edited by Arctra; 05-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Tiguan TDI, 6spd Tiptronic Auto
    Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.
    Avg 7.63L/100km over 189,000kms

Users Country Flag
    Hey, I don't know if anyone has seen this before but there is a VAG-COM "How to" document here http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7410

From a quick scan of that thread it appears that most people use the VAG-COM to change vehicle setup options like head lights and electric window operation. But can anyone give examples of when they have used the VAG-COM to diagnose and fix their poor running engine.
    Zano - PERTH, WA
    MY09 Golf MKVI TDI 2.0, DSG, Sports Pack

I have diagnosed bad coil packs and MAFs with mine. There's so much you can do, providing you can interpret the data you can record. The coil pack may throw up a code. The MAF you can pick by looking at the, g/s output. If it is lower than you expect or more often zero, you have a bad one.

For example if the mixture is going weak at the top end, you have to think about the fuel pump.

Gavin

Mine's a Micro-can
    Rowville

Users Country Flag
    OK, so say you have a dud oxygen sensor, will the unit pick this up?
    If anyone in Perth has VAG-COM, I'd like to offer a carton of beer if they can demo it to me on my MKIV and show up any errors.
    PM me.
    Zano - PERTH, WA
    MY09 Golf MKVI TDI 2.0, DSG, Sports Pack

Yeah, if there wasn't a fault logged, you would be able to see the output with measuring blocks and go off that.

Gavin

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast