Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 r36 cannot read engine module with VCDS

Users Country Flag

2010 r36 cannot read engine module with VCDS

Hi Guys,

i dont have any trouble using VCDS on my touareg but ive plugged it into my 2010 r36 and i dont get anything from the engine....

i can connect to other bit like the trans but no engine love, been searching here there and everywhere for a while and getting frustrated now haha

i dont have much experience with it and have only used it a few time for basic stuff, probably something simple.

trying to investigate:P2198 O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor
    P2098 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 2

VW rides: 04 R5 touareg (wifes), 05 R5 touareg (sold), 05 Passat sedan v6 (sold), 2010 r36 wagon, 68 beetle (sold)

other rides: 00 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja, Renault sport 225

Users Country Flag
    Do you just get 'could not be reached' if you do an autoscan with the car on accessories?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    ill have another go today (and document it better )
    VW rides: 04 R5 touareg (wifes), 05 R5 touareg (sold), 05 Passat sedan v6 (sold), 2010 r36 wagon, 68 beetle (sold)

other rides: 00 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja, Renault sport 225

OK, getting no response from controller, swapped to all the different usb ports on my laptop.
    Cable is a generic usb-serial unit. Although it works fine on my older touareg.
    Can communicate with the trans and some others

Users Country Flag
    When you say it's a generic serial to USB cable what exactly do you mean?
    Is it not a genuine vcds cable?
    So you have access to any other diagnostics software like obd11 or Autel or anything?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Hey mate, yes I do mean it's not a genuine cable.
    The only other tool I've got is viecar & torque phone app.

I just ordered the obd11 + pro.

Looks good.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbags View Post
    OK, getting no response from controller, swapped to all the different usb ports on my laptop.
    Cable is a generic usb-serial unit. Although it works fine on my older touareg.
    Can communicate with the trans and some others
    Let us know if the OBD11 +Pro works on engine control module. The chances are that it won’t, since you can connect to other modules in your car.

“Can communicate with some others” do you mean in your R36 or Touareg?

Just ran a full module scan and I can only communicate with the trans on Vcds.
    Can ready a fair bit on torque, car is idling up and down from 1100-2000rpm by itself.

The original codes posted have gone after I've gone over the engine.

Not showing any codes while it's idle hunting.

Looked for air leaks and cannot find any, have just got the intake back on so I'm confident it's all plumbed up good.

Gave the MAF a good clean while it was out too.

Timing advance is reading +18 degrees?

Mismatch on O2 sensors 0.3v /0.4v

Users Country Flag

Could be pcv valve membrane is ruptured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast