Thread: T5 4motion Difflock retrofit programming assistance required

T5 4motion Difflock retrofit programming assistance required

Hey Guys,

I have retrofit the mechanical rear Difflock (to PR-1Y4 with Difflock from PR-1Y0 without Difflock) on my T5 2012 MY13 Transporter TDI400 LWB 4MOTION DSG to factory spec and need some help from the Programming and T5 4motion community so I can tell the vehicle what it needs to function to finalise the install (T5 Warranty is now finished so I can program it) I will be taking this on in the next month or so and trying to get info to study in advance,

The difflock control module is independent of the BCM (factory spec) and talks to the vehicle with signals thru the haldex then Canbus to the main cpu’s and ABS unit , the difflock actuator sensor unit is recognised as the difflock light is flashing on the dash board (Yes it recognises the feedback signals thru the haldex but just doesn’t know how to translate or function)

I can’t turn it on yet due to there not being any programming to tell it how to function,

What I need to get this working:

-Scans of same vehicle type if possible, (T5 2012 MY13 Transporter TDI400 LWB 4MOTION DSG, with ESP (PR-1AK), ABS , TCS and must have “PR-1Y4” with Difflock)

- A scan of the haldex unit with difflock off (no light on dash)

- A scan of the haldex unit with difflock on but not yet engaged (yellow difflock light should be flashing on dash)

- A scan of the haldex unit with difflock on fully engaged (yellow difflock light should be on solid on dash)

- A scan of the ABS module in all of the above scenarios also

- A photo or description of any the Lights/comments on the dash board or MFD when the Diffllock is engaged or being engaged (Including other systems)

- A general scan of the vehicle may also help (not sure if there are any other differences or modules that need programming in relation to the mechanical Difflock)

The scan of the ABS is due an inhibitor output from the ABS to the difflock control module, This is to stop it turning on in certain circumstances (IE: at too high a wheel rotational difference or speed), I also believe it disables ABS, TCS, and ESC systems when the mechanical difflock is engaged so it doesn’t get confused with the locked rear axels and locked haldex clutches

I have not got any scans yet as I don’t have a Ross Tech cable yet (not really happy with the newer pricing and shipping is ridiculous anyone know where to get at reasonable price?) , will post my scans as soon as I have an adaptor/cable

All programming outcomes will be posted when working for anyone else wanting to do this retrofit

Any help or advice would be Most Greatly Appreciated

Thanks In Advance

Best Regards

MAD
    2010, POLO, COMFORTLINE, TDI, DSG, REFLEX SILVER
    2012 MY13 T5 Transporter LWB, 4motion, DSG, Retrofit Rear diff lock

Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have retrofit the mechanical rear Difflock (to PR-1Y4 with Difflock from PR-1Y0 without Difflock) on my T5 2012 MY13 Transporter TDI400 LWB 4MOTION DSG to factory spec and need some help from the Programming and T5 4motion community so I can tell the vehicle what it needs to function to finalise the install (T5 Warranty is now finished so I can program it) I will be taking this on in the next month or so and trying to get info to study in advance,

The difflock control module is independent of the BCM (factory spec) and talks to the vehicle with signals thru the haldex then Canbus to the main cpu’s and ABS unit , the difflock actuator sensor unit is recognised as the difflock light is flashing on the dash board (Yes it recognises the feedback signals thru the haldex but just doesn’t know how to translate or function)

I can’t turn it on yet due to there not being any programming to tell it how to function,

What I need to get this working:

-Scans of same vehicle type if possible, (T5 2012 MY13 Transporter TDI400 LWB 4MOTION DSG, with ESP (PR-1AK), ABS , TCS and must have “PR-1Y4” with Difflock)

- A scan of the haldex unit with difflock off (no light on dash)

- A scan of the haldex unit with difflock on but not yet engaged (yellow difflock light should be flashing on dash)

- A scan of the haldex unit with difflock on fully engaged (yellow difflock light should be on solid on dash)

- A scan of the ABS module in all of the above scenarios also

- A photo or description of any the Lights/comments on the dash board or MFD when the Diffllock is engaged or being engaged (Including other systems)

- A general scan of the vehicle may also help (not sure if there are any other differences or modules that need programming in relation to the mechanical Difflock)

The scan of the ABS is due an inhibitor output from the ABS to the difflock control module, This is to stop it turning on in certain circumstances (IE: at too high a wheel rotational difference or speed), I also believe it disables ABS, TCS, and ESC systems when the mechanical difflock is engaged so it doesn’t get confused with the locked rear axels and locked haldex clutches

I have not got any scans yet as I don’t have a Ross Tech cable yet (not really happy with the newer pricing and shipping is ridiculous anyone know where to get at reasonable price?) , will post my scans as soon as I have an adaptor/cable

All programming outcomes will be posted when working for anyone else wanting to do this retrofit

Any help or advice would be Most Greatly Appreciated

Thanks In Advance

Best Regards

MAD
    If its ok with the moderators i'm posting this in the T5 transporter/multivan thread as well as not had any response here and I don't know how to link to here (or do I just cut and paste the address bar)

Regards

Mad

Mate i have 2015 -T6 transporter lwb, 4wd..
    its still same engine as t5 twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Mate i have 2015 -T6 transporter lwb, 4wd..
    its still same engine as t5 twin turbo
    Hey Oli,

If you didn't mind sending me some scans it would be appreciated,
    That being said I don't know if I could use them directly as the T6 has different programs in the ABS for the accident brake locking function and probably other differences, having a scan couldn't hurt though
    The Haldex and rear lock will probably be the same although they have updated the part no. from 04/11/2013 from 09N525554 to 09N525554A though this could still help me anyhow

If you could send me scans it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mad

Hi. Did you ever get this working?