Thread: Recoding after replacing a EPB battery with an AGM on? 2017 Tiguan 2.0 TSI162

Users Country Flag

Recoding after replacing a EPB battery with an AGM on? 2017 Tiguan 2.0 TSI162

Hi All,

I have just replaced the original factory fitted EFB battery with a Supercharge AGM battery that was supplied and fitted by a non-dealer VW mechanic. When I questioned whether the vehicle needed recoding with the battery details, the mechanic said no. I then spoke to his manager who confirmed that recoding is not required. I challenged him and referred to what I have read on these forums and he said he will check and get back to me. This doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

S.

Users Country Flag
    Yes the gateway which monitors the battery needs to be told the battery chemistry and capacity as this feeds into the start/stop algorithm.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan