Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: OBDEleven - The new kid on the block!

Users Country Flag

Go to Voltas here and look around Supposedly 18 times faster for one thing

Voltas IT, LCC
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Go to Voltas here and look around Supposedly 18 times faster for one thing

Voltas IT, LCC
    Yea did that already. Didn't spot the 18x speed increase claim (cheers). Looks like iOS is another aspect, but apart from being a in a new flashy black box, there doesn't seem to be a lot to justify the price increase. The Pro is almost 40 Euro more expensive than the old version.

Users Country Flag
    I’m always curious and also a sucker for the new technology, so I’ve bought the OBD11 at the beginning and I’m sure I didn’t pay anywhere near to $160 , more like 1/2 of it, for the PRO version and I’ll buy the new ver.2 dongle once available.

But, for the enthusiast who doesn’t want to spend a lot, here is the thought and of course it depends how long we can use the ver.1 of the OBD11 for.

The VCDS used the same cable for a very long time, like 20years or so. I hope the OBD11 won’t require to buy a new dongle every 2 or so years, but it will be definitely limited to the technology in the phones it connects to. While the useful life of the phone/tablet is shorter than win pc op system.

Does anyone know if the new dongle will also connect to pc?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I’m always curious and also a sucker for the new technology, so I’ve bought the OBD11 at the beginning and I’m sure I didn’t pay anywhere near to $160 , more like 1/2 of it, for the PRO version and I’ll buy the new ver.2 dongle once available.

But, for the enthusiast who doesn’t want to spend a lot, here is the thought and of course it depends how long we can use the ver.1 of the OBD11 for.

The VCDS used the same cable for a very long time, like 20years or so. I hope the OBD11 won’t require to buy a new dongle every 2 or so years, but it will be definitely limited to the technology in the phones it connects to. While the useful life of the phone/tablet is shorter than win pc op system.

Does anyone know if the new dongle will also connect to pc?
    Dont know any more than whats been published I did get a mail with an exploded view and thats where it said it was 18 times faster. If anyone signed up for preorder they would have got the same.

I wont be buying a new one as apparently the programming hasnt changed, seems just the hardware which hopefully is backwardly compatible and any future apps will also work with the old one

As they are Android based it seems doubtful they would work with a PC. Who knows?????

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    New one does iOS (but only read and clear error codes to start with), up to 18 times faster, and can do other manufacturers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    New one does iOS (but only read and clear error codes to start with), up to 18 times faster, and can do other manufacturers
    Not till q3 2019 it says

Users Country Flag
    Not till q3 2019 it says
    thats for iOS doing pro stuff fella, iOS at release but only read/clear errors/dtc’s

In June 17th. Note: you can use iOS application for vehicle identification, Read/clear/share fault and One-Click-Apps. PRO version for iOS will be available in Q3 (July-August-September).

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the update. They must have just got in some stock of the V1.
    I've ordered one - price seems reasonable. At least it's coming out of Melbourne and not from Europe.

Users Country Flag

So for those of us who have the original OBD11 dongle, will it continue to work, or are they phasing out support for it, in favour of the newer version?
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast