Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OBDEleven - The new kid on the block!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LimestoneR7 View Post
    ........Why are people getting the OBD11 Pro from local places....for $159.00 ...... when you can get it for USD $80.00 + postage (whatever that is).....
    Simple answer - Because $80USD + Postage to Australia, will work out dearer than the $159AUD Local price.

Plus, you're supporting a local supplier, plus Luke (AutoInstruct) is an active member on various Skoda/VW forums, and very willing to share his wealth of knowledge and experience... and it's not all sell-sell-sell with him either.

PS: Where on that website did you get $80USD ?
    I can only see it in Euro, and there's no option to post to Australia there..... so that's another good reason!
    Last edited by Spinifex; 21-06-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Users Country Flag
    Well I pulled the plug and now have a OBD11.

I've been able to change some settings with no issues but I'm unable to to enable Enable Traffic Information (TMC) on the headunit.

The app does not seem to recognise the headunit as there is no red tick against the 5F (Information Electrical) group.

My car has a retrofitted MIB1 headunit which was properly coded as everything bar FM station memory works.

Is it because the OBD11 only expects to see the original head unit a reason why my headunit is not recognised? If that is indeed the case, will VCDS be able to do the job?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    ^^^^^ Limestoner: please see my comments (guesses) to your identical questions in the GOLFMK7 forum

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Dv52, I have seen it and sent a response.

Anyone in Sydney able to lend me a hand with coding my new battery? Will shout a 6pack of your favourite beverage. Shouldn't take more than 5min. Just got to change 2 lines.

Users Country Flag
    So after just buying a 3yr old Audi SQ5 i am debating whether to get myself an OBDEleven or the newer Carista dongle. After i sold my Mk6 GTI about 15 months ago i sold off my VCDS cable thinking i would not need it again.....so much for that.

I have iphone/ipad so the Carista is more desirable in that sense as they support iOS, but is one device better/more capable than the other?

If i end up with the OBDEleven i will have to buy a cheap Android tablet to run it.

Do either models allow for any DPF visibility (soot levels / run a regen etc)? Apart from DPF info, my needs are pretty basic such as checking any error codes, resetting service indicator, some basic changes like alarm chip activation when locking/unlocking etc.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 19-11-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Hi guys. New to all this stuf.
    Does anyone know how get this two things on with OBDELEVEN

To get speed limit sign showing in dashboard?

How to get iner headlights to be on with DRL lights?

Much appreciate any help!
    Last edited by P_132TSI_Rline; 17-11-2018 at 07:05 PM.

please pardon my ignorance, but is obdeleven a unique vw thing? i'm aware of obd2(or obdII as its often written) so trying to work out if i need to buy a new device to replace my current one.

thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    please pardon my ignorance, but is obdeleven a unique vw thing? i'm aware of obd2(or obdII as its often written) so trying to work out if i need to buy a new device to replace my current one.

thanks.
    OBDEleven is similar to other devices that plug into the vehicles odbII port. It has it's own app which allows access to the VW specific settings that can be changed. You can use other odbII devices to read, but their ability to write is severely limited (such as clearing warnings).

HTH
    2015 Jetta Highline
    2017 Ducati Supersport S

cheers for the info

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast