Support VWWC

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: OBDEleven - The new kid on the block!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spinifex View Post
    So for those of us who have the original OBD11 dongle, will it continue to work, or are they phasing out support for it, in favour of the newer version?
    New one is similar but better so old one will continue to wrk I would think.

Will be lots of screams if it doesnt I bet
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinifex View Post
    So for those of us who have the original OBD11 dongle, will it continue to work, or are they phasing out support for it, in favour of the newer version?
    yes it will continue to work, no they are not phasing out support, the newer version is basically new hardware to a) make it faster and 2) work on iOS and three) add support for more brands of vehicles (I think BMW is next)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    yes it will continue to work, no they are not phasing out support, the newer version is basically new hardware to a) make it faster and 2) work on iOS and three) add support for more brands of vehicles (I think BMW is next)
    I think what people are asking is, for how long they’ll continue to support old hardware?

We have members here who could know and they’re suspiciously quiet.

One way or another they can limit the old dongle so it won’t work or only work with limited functionality on the newer models.

On the plus side. The OBD11 advantage is that is cheap and you won’t be throwing out several thousands $ scanner like it happened in the past with some other brands.
    Last edited by Transporter; 29-05-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone got Traffic sign recognition to work I did it with the app and seems it said it accepted it but no signs appear I rebooted unit by hoding down the on off button till it shut down and came back on but no go so far.

Dont want to waste another 100 credits for nothing Also tried high beam assist but it didnt work either and car has all the necessary bits

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I think what people are asking is, for how long they’ll continue to support old hardware?

We have members here who could know and they’re suspiciously quiet.

One way or another they can limit the old dongle so it won’t work or only work with limited functionality on the newer models.

On the plus side. The OBD11 advantage is that is cheap and you won’t be throwing out several thousands $ scanner like it happened in the past with some other brands.
    see all I see is a obd port scanner connected to a Bluetooth that sends info to the app, so unless the obd canbus pin outs change (v+, v-, can high speed (2 wires) and can mid speed (again 2 wires)) then I don’t know why you wouldn’t support the hardware,

hey guys,
    ive got one of the next gen obd11 units and so far made some good changes.
    so far the best changes was deactivate start/stop and changing the throttle responce (although it could be more responcive still)

just tried adding street sign but as in restrictions here couldnt really go and check.

something else id like to see if possible is remote start, i know its a feature on us delived passats but not aus deliverd, i have however noticed alot of parameters in adaptaions menus for remote start... anyone know if its possible?

any other recommendations?

im also about to install a audison DSP amp and small sub (hopefully under boot floor in the wagon).
    hopefully can tune to sound much nicer.

ohh its a 17 passat 206 wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad206 View Post
    hey guys,
    ive got one of the next gen obd11 units and so far made some good changes.
    so far the best changes was deactivate start/stop and changing the throttle responce (although it could be more responcive still)

just tried adding street sign but as in restrictions here couldnt really go and check.

something else id like to see if possible is remote start, i know its a feature on us delived passats but not aus deliverd, i have however noticed alot of parameters in adaptaions menus for remote start... anyone know if its possible?

im also about to install a audison DSP amp and small sub (hopefully under boot floor in the wagon).
    hopefully can tune to sound much nicer.

Is it a highline with camera etc

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad206 View Post

Chad: I wish you luck with the remote start tweak - I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but I suspect that it might be more than just a matter of changing a few adaptation-channel/long-code settings. My suspicion is that this feature might even be "Software As Product" (SWAP) which involves a activation code linked to your VIN - but I'm guessing!

A very poor alternative to remote start is the tweak that enables the engine to run whilst the key fob is outside the car (without warning messages). Of course, it's not "remote" because the driver first needs to start the engine in the normal manner - but it does kind-of look like remote in the latter phase in that the driver can be outside the car (with key-in-hand) with the engine running.

Anyhow, if this is of interest - the tweak involves changing the adaptation channel Funk bei Klemme 15 ein to active in the module that OBD11 calls Central electrics (@ address hex09). Depending on what adaptation channel database is in your MY17 Passat, search either for "Access control" or "ZV allgemein"

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Is there any way to keep the VW maps active in the virtual cockpit when using Android Auto / Google maps in navigation mode?

I know you cannot display the Google Map in the Virtual Cockpit, however the VW maps would be better than staring at a blank screen.

MY20 Mk7.5 Golf R-Line w/sound and vision pack.

I've been looking around but can't find a good explanation (here or on the OBD11 website) how the credit system works.

The Pro version come with 200 credits, but what does it mean in practice.?

Is it a one off to activate an app/specific function or do you use credits each time you use the app? And are the amount of credits different for each application?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast