Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OBDEleven - The new kid on the block!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GolfRSpecialEdition View Post
    I guess that is a question for VW . I made the change this morning in Module 44 Steering Assistance. Got to say, the change is very subtle.

maybe if the throttle comes on too strong in a GTI / FWD while turning at lights u might spin the wheels / spin out therefore assisting you in steering the car safely .

Users Country Flag
    Well first attempt at using it and turned audible alarm on locking/ unlocking on in the Polo Wife nearly had kittens as somehow I neglected to tell her LOL

After VW said it cant be done without an installed alarm
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 09-04-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

It'll be interesting to see the NextGen device and software when it's out in a few days. With iOS support as well (it was in Alpha development in early Feb, hopefully will be ready). I've been connecting using an old Nexus tablet which is slow as molasses so I may jump to the new device.

I'm guessing any iOS app would have to be dowloaded from the iTunes store of one of the supported countries, which is doable, just adds an extra level of pita-ness when it comes to synching iPhone with iTunes.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjukuthief View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the NextGen device and software when it's out in a few days. With iOS support as well (it was in Alpha development in early Feb, hopefully will be ready). I've been connecting using an old Nexus tablet which is slow as molasses so I may jump to the new device.

I'm guessing any iOS app would have to be dowloaded from the iTunes store of one of the supported countries, which is doable, just adds an extra level of pita-ness when it comes to synching iPhone with iTunes.
    All the more reason to have a device which doesnt control everything you do.

You know what happened to Adam and an Apple and that was the start of not ending well ROFL

It's actually about the same as the hoops you have to jump through to get OBD11 going here in Aust, so i'm not fussed. And as far as security, privacy and usability, I'm happy on this side of the fence. Each to their own.
    Last edited by shinjukuthief; 09-04-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag
    Am trying to enable Light assist and not confident on what to do exactly.

It says to go to control unit 09 and put in a security code

I can open it without that code and when I enter coding and tick byte 2 and tick bit 0 and 1 it changes from 00 to 03 Correct??

Then how do I got from there to thenext bit which is A5 Do I have to save prev setting or what

I'm looking to buy one of these for my MK7.5 GTI now that it's about a year old to just make some small tweaks like
    -Alarm Chirp on Lock
    -4 Indicator Ticks
    -Traffic Sign Recognition
    -Traffic enablement
    -Walk away locking

Just a couple of questions

1) Also, are the above safe to do and quite easy? I was just going to do them via the app function - Although, is there something I should be doing prior to start playing?

2) ust went to get one from: Auto Instruct and noticed the below, what are the v2 changes?
    OBDeleven is Out of Stock until End of May 2019, when V2.0 is due to be released.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by liljohnny19 View Post
    I'm looking to buy one of these for my MK7.5 GTI now that it's about a year old to just make some small tweaks like
    -Alarm Chirp on Lock
    -4 Indicator Ticks
    -Traffic Sign Recognition
    -Traffic enablement
    -Walk away locking

Just a couple of questions

1) Also, are the above safe to do and quite easy? I was just going to do them via the app function - Although, is there something I should be doing prior to start playing?

2) ust went to get one from: Auto Instruct and noticed the below, what are the v2 changes?
    OBDeleven is Out of Stock until End of May 2019, when V2.0 is due to be released.

Alarm chirp scares the crap out of you Did it in the Polo and its as loud as. I dont need it in the TIg because I can lock it touching a pad on the handle.
    4 indicator clicks are better than 3 Had 4 on the Passat and it was better than 3 or 5. 3 is too short and 5 is too long.

Traffic sign may or may not work and not on every one either.

Traffic I did last night but I dont live in a city so rarely get heavy traffic

I wouldnt trust walk away locking and the lock on ign off is too fast appraently can lock before passenger shuts door

You need credits to make apps work Can get 6 a day free if you go to Profile/Wallet and add free credits. 100Credits are about $30US.

No one ssems to know whats new but presumably will have more or better functions and probably a higher price

If you use the coding function you dont need credits but need to be careful.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 24-06-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey. Not sure what Version 2 will bring but I’ve got the pro and love it. I’ve changed many things and never used any apps. If you search around there are loads of how too’s on everything you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag

I was keen to pick one of these up to code our Tiguan Allspace. Autoinstruct website states that the V2 is out end of May and the current Pro is out of stock. Do you think it's worth waiting, or what's the consensus on getting it from the US vs the AutoInstruct mob?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast