Thread: OBD11 adaptation descriptions don't match

Users Country Flag

OBD11 adaptation descriptions don't match

Just starting out my OBD11 long coding adventures. Going well so far, though I do have one issue - some adaptation descriptions are not matching or not found with the information given for changing / activating a feature.
    All the purely long coding byte changes are fine, no problems there, and simple adaptations such as the 'soundaktor' were no problem (with just the one adaptation under that module, so it should!)

But for example, if I'm looking to change the number of blinks with the 'comfort indicators', I need to look for adaptation "Sinyal Sayisi" - and I can't find anything remotely resembling that under unit 09 Central Electrics, even with a successful security login and doing a search.

What am I missing here?
    Piloting a Mk7.5 Golf R Special Edition.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Just starting out my OBD11 long coding adventures. Going well so far, though I do have one issue - some adaptation descriptions are not matching or not found with the information given for changing / activating a feature.
    All the purely long coding byte changes are fine, no problems there, and simple adaptations such as the 'soundaktor' were no problem (with just the one adaptation under that module, so it should!)

But for example, if I'm looking to change the number of blinks with the 'comfort indicators', I need to look for adaptation "Sinyal Sayisi" - and I can't find anything remotely resembling that under unit 09 Central Electrics, even with a successful security login and doing a search.

What am I missing here?

What am I missing here? The proper thing to do Never seen language like that in any module

What language are you working in

Dont know where you got that Crap from because this is the correct info

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
    Security access
    Access Code 31347
    Adaptation
    Aussenlicht_Bling or in mine is Aussenlicht Blinker
    Komfortblinken Blinkzykien
    Value: 1-5 Value 3 (Standard – 3x blinking) 4 is enough as well
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 21-02-2022 at 08:34 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hmm, interesting. That information "Sinyal Sayisi" came from the OBDeleven forum direct: Golf MK7 Coding and adaptations | OBDeleven and has been repeated verbatim across many other websites too. Looks like it's Turkish.

I'l keep digging for the German descriptions for the adaptations I'm looking at changing.

Users Country Flag
    Hmm, interesting. That information "Sinyal Sayisi" came from the OBDeleven forum direct: Golf MK7 Coding and adaptations | OBDeleven and has been repeated verbatim across many other websites too. Looks like it's Turkish.

I'l keep digging for the German descriptions for the adaptations I'm looking at changing.
    The adaptations are GERMAN in the standard APP and what I posted is absolutely correct and works on my car but if you want to go a different way feel free

Your coding for the comfort blinkers were spot on Hillbilly, and I've been able to tick that one off the list. Was set for 5, now a much more sensible 2. Thanks for that!

But these others remain elusive:

Auto Close Windows When Raining:
    Security access
    Access code 31347
    Adaptation
    (15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus - Nope, doesn't appear anywhere in the list ODB11 brings up
    Value: Permanent
    (16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art - Again, doesn't appear anywhere in the list ODB11 brings up
    (2 Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen - Yet again, doesn't appear anywhere in the list. Aborting...
    Value:Aktif
    Control unit Long Coding
    Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
    Byte 0
    Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

Traffic Sign Assist Activation (Car must be fitted with Camera -yep, it is )
    Select Control unit 5F (Information Electrical - OBDeleven names this something else, but whatever... unit 5F seems definitive enough to cautiously carry on with)
    Adaptation
    Select channel (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 - Nope, doesn't appear anywhere in the list ODB11 brings up
    Değer=Active
    Select channel (151) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification - Nope. Sigh, I give up.
    Değer=Active
    Select channel (153) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_thresho ld_high
    Değer=Active
    Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)
    Security access
    Access Code 20103
    Control unit Long Coding
    Byte 1
    Bit 0 Activate – “01 Traffic Sign Recognition (FTE) active”
    Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
    Control unit Long Coding
    Byte 5
    Bit 2 Aktivate
    Adaptation
    Select : channel numbers indicate end of speed limit
    Importance to actively invest Show Valid suffix
    View Channel Valid suffix
    Corresponding value adjust default: 00100111

High Beam Assist (for cars with Lane Assist Camera - yes we have that):
    Ensure light switch is in the OFF position, wipers not on auto, doors closed and ignition on, before starting. OK, noted.
    1. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
    2. Control unit Long Coding
    3. Byte 02
    4. Bit 0-2: "03 Lighting Bi-Xenon with Light Assist"
    5. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
    6. Security Access Code: 31347
    7. Adaptation
    8. Assistance Light Functions - Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent - one last try... nope, doesn't appear in the list. Arrgh! I'm really giving up at this point.
    9. New Value: Present
    10. Assistance Light Functions - Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung
    11. New Value: Present
    12. Select Control unit A5
    13. Security Access Code: 20103
    14. Control unit Long Coding
    15. Byte 02
    16. Bit 0-7: "01 coding_Light/High_beam_assist"
    Optional settings
    17. Controller A5
    18. Speed that HBA active set to 20kph
    19. Speed that HBA deactivate set to 10kph
    20. Change lux code to 10

Perhaps all these adaptation descriptors are out of date? Or OBDeleven is hiding some descriptors? Or PEBKAC error?

Have a look through this site and see if there is any different information that you have.
    Volkswagen Golf MK7 (5G) coding mods
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Your coding for the comfort blinkers were spot on Hillbilly, and I've been able to tick that one off the list. Was set for 5, now a much more sensible 2. Thanks for that!

But these others remain elusive:

Auto Close Windows When Raining:
    Security access
    Access code 31347
    Adaptation
    (15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus - Nope, doesn't appear anywhere in the list ODB11 brings up
    (16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art - Again, doesn't appear anywhere in the list ODB11 brings up
    (2 Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen - Yet again, doesn't appear anywhere in the list. Aborting...
    Value:Aktif
    Control unit Long Coding
    Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
    Byte 0
    Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

Traffic Sign Assist Activation (Car must be fitted with Camera -yep, it is )
    Select Control unit 5F (Information Electrical - OBDeleven names this something else, but whatever... unit 5F seems definitive enough to cautiously carry on with)
    Adaptation
    Select channel (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 - Nope, doesn't appear anywhere in the list ODB11 brings up
    Değer=Active
    Select channel (151) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification - Nope. Sigh, I give up.
    Değer=Active
    Select channel (153) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_thresho ld_high
    Değer=Active
    Security access
    Access Code 20103
    Control unit Long Coding
    Byte 1
    Bit 0 Activate – “01 Traffic Sign Recognition (FTE) active”
    Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
    Control unit Long Coding
    Byte 5
    Bit 2 Aktivate
    Adaptation
    Select : channel numbers indicate end of speed limit
    Importance to actively invest Show Valid suffix
    View Channel Valid suffix
    Corresponding value adjust default: 00100111

High Beam Assist (for cars with Lane Assist Camera - yes we have that):
    Ensure light switch is in the OFF position, wipers not on auto, doors closed and ignition on, before starting. OK, noted.
    1. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
    2. Control unit Long Coding
    3. Byte 02
    4. Bit 0-2: "03 Lighting Bi-Xenon with Light Assist"
    5. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
    6. Security Access Code: 31347
    7. Adaptation
    8. Assistance Light Functions - Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent - one last try... nope, doesn't appear in the list. Arrgh! I'm really giving up at this point.
    9. New Value: Present
    10. Assistance Light Functions - Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung
    11. New Value: Present
    12. Select Control unit A5
    13. Security Access Code: 20103
    14. Control unit Long Coding
    15. Byte 02
    16. Bit 0-7: "01 coding_Light/High_beam_assist"
    Optional settings
    17. Controller A5
    18. Speed that HBA active set to 20kph
    19. Speed that HBA deactivate set to 10kph
    20. Change lux code to 10

Perhaps all these adaptation descriptors are out of date? Or OBDeleven is hiding some descriptors? Or PEBKAC error?
    8 & 9 you are looking in wrong place Its in Fernlicht assistent

Perhaps its just someone getting the wrong info for overseas models and not taking our advice

I dont know where you are getting this rubbish from but all the stuff Ive done works and is here

BEST ALL TIGUAN ELECTRIC MODS.docx - Google Docs

they all work if you follow them EXACTLY They all work with AUSTRALIAN models

Volkswagen MK7 Golf OBDeleven / VCDS Tweaks List – AutoInstruct

However in the interests of safety 2 blinks is not enough 3 is Ok and 4 is best. Gives driver behind a real warning whereas they can miss if only 2 and they think you changed your mind

Been doing this for 3 years so have a reasonable idea about whats what
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 21-02-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Magnificent, thanks Hillbilly. Some of the problems with the internet is a) you don't know if the information is accurate for your region, or accurate at all; and b) incorrect information gets re-posted without any testing to see if it's any good to begin with. Guess I fell victim to both.

With the comfort blinker setting, in the company vehicle that I used to drive, I'd occasionally & accidentally hit the indicator stalk, triggering the Mazda equivalent of comfort blinkers. That annoyed me that the indicator would signal when I had no intention of turning... bad enough that so few people around these parts use their indicators to begin with, I didn't want to be the object of other driver's rage for using an indicator when it wasn't necessary LOL. But point taken, I've yet to trigger the indicators accidentally in the Golf, so I might reset it back to 3 or 4 and see how it goes.

Right, got everything sorted.

Windows closing on detecting rain: The entry point was ZV Komfort. Apparently on some Mk 7.5s the menu structure was changed. All settings accepted OK, but a spray bottle test didn't trigger the windows to go up (car locked, wipers in auto). Have heard that this feature is a bit hit & miss on 7.5s, so I'm not too disappointed.

TMC traffic information: all OK

Comfort blinker setting reset to three.

High beam assist: decided that the factory enabled dynamic lighting is probably useful enough as it is.

Traffic sign recognition: didn't do as others have indicated that this feature doesn't work all that well. That's fine with me.

Browsing through the menu structure, there appears to be quite a few interesting options that might, one day, lead to some interesting features - looks like oil quantity could be displayed, for example. I bet it wouldn't be as simple as enabling that menu display, though... best leave that to the experienced coders!