Thread: Mk7.5 R tail lights installed on MK7 Alltrack - Brake light coding help

Users Country Flag

Mk7.5 R tail lights installed on MK7 Alltrack - Brake light coding help

Hi All,

First post!

Hoping to get some guidance. I just fit a set of mk7.5 tail lights on my mk7 Alltrack with a harness and followed the coding provided. I'm very pleased with the look and it mostly working, but i need some help with the brake lights.

When lights are set to auto/ON it appears the brake lights are also on without me pressing on the brake, just wondering how I can have it set so that they only go on when I apply the brakes?

I used OBD11 to do the adaptations

Any help is appreciated TIA

Last edited by Teejay_; 28-04-2022 at 11:37 PM.

Users Country Flag

@Teejay_: Hi.

Of course anything is possible - but from your description, it sounds like the Leuchte-sets for the 2 x outside tail lights have the same illumination value for both the Brake and Parking Light (PL) function.

As you are probably aware, when the rotary light switch is on the AUTO position and it's night-time, the PL function switches-ON. So on your car, it looks like the Brake pedal has been pressed (I think). On factory built tail-lights, the PL illumination is reduced so that it can be distinguished from the Brake light.

So, I suspect that this is the cause of your problem- but I'm not sure why this has happened (there could be a number of different reasons)!

I don't know what diagnostic tool you used to code the new tails - but probably the best way forward is for you to post-up the values for:
    • Leuchte20BR LA71
    • Leuchte21BR RC8

To be clear, I need to see ALL 19 x Adaptation channel values for each Leuchte-set. You can post pictures, or the written values - if you want

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.