Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helix programming dongle

Users Country Flag

Hi All,

I just installed my Helix unit and wow, it surpassed my expectations - sound brilliant and a huge improvement on the stock system. I ended up buying a programming dongle. If anyone wants to buy it off me, just pm me.

Cheers

Hi all,

I have just order a Helix unit from the US. If anyone has a Helix Dongle to rent / sell please let me know...
    thanks
    Guthrie
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

Hi All,

I ended up buying a dongle. Please send me a PM if you would like to buy this off me. I am Perth based but happy to send to anywhere in Australia.. Dongle has been sold

thanks
    Last edited by guthrie; 17-08-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

What price are you getting ordering it from the us? I tried ordering by my local dealer and they say it's no longer available.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

I got 1 from ebay for about AUD $200. If you do a search on ebay you will see there is a UK seller (partsdepot_uk ) who sells them.
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

Sorry, I was a bit un-precise. What price did you get your helix sub+amp+harness for? I assume it was more than $200?
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Quote Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
    What price did you get your helix sub+amp+harness for?
    I got the sub and harness from Volkswagen of Murrieta (US) during one of their sales for USD$400. I then had to ship it to Australia using a parcel forwarding service.
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

Ok, sounds a bit tricky to find the dealer with a sale on (assuming this was through parts.vw.com?).

I think maybe the easier option will be to go for one of their other dsp+amp combos, like this one: MATCH PP62DSP Plug-and-Play digital signal processor with built-in 6-channel amplifier at Crutchfield (can be found on ebay with a harness, eg Match Amp & harness Package PP62DSP + FREE PP-AC Harness Cable VW Tiguan | eBay) and then make a diy sub.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
    Sorry, I was a bit un-precise. What price did you get your helix sub+amp+harness for? I assume it was more than $200?
    Check FDP Euro. Using the Heatwave code it roughly AUD750 shipped.
    VW SOUND SYS. - Genuine VW 000051419B | FCP Euro

I was wondering how much a freight forwarder would charge for that package if bought from a us VW dealer. Edit: found the shipping weight to be 34lbs ~= 17kg.

Still wondering if getting the PP62DSP is the better choice for future flexibility if I'm going to change the sub enclosure to fit inside the spare in any case.
    Last edited by iampivot; 25-07-2021 at 12:46 AM.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12