Thread: Guide for VCDS coding for RVC retrofit

Users Country Flag

Guide for VCDS coding for RVC retrofit

MODULE 37 - Navigation: To enable and show RVC on display @ Byte 3, Bit 6
    Note: This only works for the low line camera (i.e. without the control module that gives you moving guidance lines)

MODULE 10 - Park/Steer Assist: To also show OPS (on LHS) together with RVC. Tick this extra box @ Byte 0, Bit 5

NOTE: If you have the high line camera and control module that gives you moving guidance lines, then you need to enable it (i.e. Module 6C) also within Module 19 - Canbus Gateway and also look at the actual coding within Module 6C.
    Last edited by Transporter; 17-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

I have just installed the low line RVC to a MkV GTi with an RCD510 (not RNS) so I don't have module 37 active. Can anyone tell me what I should be coding - I thought it was under 47 Sound System but the only option that comes up under the coding is the "security access 16". Do I need to enter the radio's PIN here to access the coding (haven't had to do this in the past, but have a newer version of VCDS) or is it a Pebkac error?
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag
    No sound system is for dynaudio amp. You need to go to radio which I think from memory is 56.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Ta - but under radio I only get Parking Aid installed (byte 4) and that is selected, still no dice...
    Al..

Users Country Flag
    Are you clicking on all the radio bytes? It is not entirely intuitive when you first use vcds that each byte has bits in it that have options (i.e all options are not presented to you when first entering radio, you have to click thru bytes).

For some reason when I scrolled through, it came up with additional options. Is byte 3 in module 56 Radio. Set bit 6 to on, no need for parking aid in byte 0.
    Thanks for the assistance.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks aussietig for your guide - I recently installed a RVC into my MY12 Passat Wagon and used your guide to help program it up - the only issue was that the camera didn't work first few attempts. Then we realised that the can-bus gateway Module 19, bit 6C was already ticked which meant that the system was looking for the control module. It was a simple case of clicking this off and everything works perfectly!

A huge thanks for robinb for the vag-com help - a wonderful help!

Users Country Flag
    Just a note:
    Assisted another forum member with an aftermarket (ie backaup camera low) in a Mk2 Octavia with rear parking sensors only.
    The parktronic controller does not show the option for RVC in VCDS coding, so you can't just tick the box.
    So whilst the RVC will show the image if you press on the camera button on the screen, it doesn't show the split screen RVC/radar image by default.
    The solution is to just add the required coding bytes in manually.
    ie if your parktronic coding is 100200 then you need to add 2 to the first byte, your new coding will therefor be 300200.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Just a note:
    The solution is to just add the required coding bytes in manually.
    ie if your parktronic coding is 100200 then you need to add 2 to the first byte, your new coding will therefor be 300200.
    I have same situation except [10] coding. The solution in my case is change whole PDC for rear?