Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enable Traffic Sign Recognition for an MIB3 / 2022 Transporter

Users Country Flag

Enable Traffic Sign Recognition for an MIB3 / 2022 Transporter

Hey guys, has anyone been able to enable traffic sign recognition in an MIB3 system?

The following doesn't work as some of the adaptations and coding have changed (highlighted in red)

Enable Traffic Sign Recognition for an MIB3 / 2022 Transporter-img_6080-jpg

Enable Traffic Sign Recognition for an MIB3 / 2022 Transporter-img_6081-jpg

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display

1. Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
    2. Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
    3. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
    4. Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
    5. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
    6. Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
    7. Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    8. Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
    9. Go into Module 17 Instruments
    10. Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
    11. Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    12. Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
    13. Reboot the infotainment unit

Last edited by yelmarb; 30-06-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Have a look at post 3 I produced- OBD11 modifications
    This was on the MIB3 with slightly different menu names from OBD11. My apply to your vehicle but should give you some guidance to work through.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you! Although it looks like I may need OBD11...

I read your post that you linked to, can the warning be turned off? Is it a beep or just a notice on the dash? I'm assuming that it won't work in fusion mode?

VCDS have the same basic menus so with a bit of reading you should see a match to the OBD11 lines.
    The main difference with MIB2 and MIB3 was some of the adaptation sub menus have been renamed, example "Vehicle_Function_List_BAP_Gen2" is now "Vehicle_Function_List_BAP".

The warning is only a quick pop up in the dash, lasts about 2-3 seconds and then goes away.

Yes, fusion does not work with Australian maps (yet) you need to set it to detection.

From my experience the detection mode works very well if the camera sees road signs. School zones always reduces the sign to 40km/h and passing buses picks up the speed sign on the back (40km/h) but once passing another sign you are ok. Electronic signage is picked up ok on the motorways as well.
    Flipper Dog
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    VCDS have the same basic menus so with a bit of reading you should see a match to the OBD11 lines.
    The main difference with MIB2 and MIB3 was some of the adaptation sub menus have been renamed, example "Vehicle_Function_List_BAP_Gen2" is now "Vehicle_Function_List_BAP".

The warning is only a quick pop up in the dash, lasts about 2-3 seconds and then goes away.

Yes, fusion does not work with Australian maps (yet) you need to set it to detection.

From my experience the detection mode works very well if the camera sees road signs. School zones always reduces the sign to 40km/h and passing buses picks up the speed sign on the back (40km/h) but once passing another sign you are ok. Electronic signage is picked up ok on the motorways as well.
    Thanks again @Flipper Dog for the reply. That's great info... however there are 4 options on "Vehicle_Function_List_BAP," I posted a screen grab above, do you know which one?

Also the long coding seems different too (screen grab also posted above). Is there an adaptation that does the same thing?

Users Country Flag
    Did you ever get this to work? I am trying to do this in my T Cross and I suspect the adaption mapping for the feature is differrent to the MIB2 unit hence the error

Users Country Flag
    The problem may not be with the unit but with the camera . There are 2Q and 3Q cameras and the newer one causes a lot of things to not work.
    My Kamiq has the speed signs in the MMI but not in the dash, which is what I was trying to enable. I used the coding I enabled sign recognition in my 2019 Tiguan but it still wont show speed in the dash, only in the MMi as it came from the factory
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 29-03-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I have 22 Arteon and have tried to get the Traffic Sign Recog to work but have failed. I can follow all the steps in my OBD11 but it fails on the fusion mode (not available). I then get Error traffic sign messages when I start.
    Any advice on getting it working?

Fusion does not work with Australian maps you need to set it to detection.
    Enable Traffic Sign Recognition for an MIB3 / 2022 Transporter-screenshot-obdeleven-jpg
    Flipper Dog

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by radind View Post
    I have 22 Arteon and have tried to get the Traffic Sign Recog to work but have failed. I can follow all the steps in my OBD11 but it fails on the fusion mode (not available). I then get Error traffic sign messages when I start.
    Any advice on getting it working?
    As Flipper Dog says Fusion doesnt work here, even in MIB2 units as the coding is not the same in the AUS maps as EUro ones.
    I have got it going in a TIg but it is not 100% accurate as it seems the maps have retained historic data and often shows old speed limits before roads were changed.
    Yes you get a speed sign not recognised every time you start up but thats normal.
    The camera model in the car also makes a difference as the later version cant be coded for quite a few things as I said above. Vw seem to be making it harder to enable stuff that I could do in the Tig but cant in the Kamiq.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast