Thread: bosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3

Users Country Flag

bosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3

Hi,

I made a mistake the other day and entered the ESP 8.0 soft coding for a SEAT Ibiza Cupra into the Polo's. It brought up the ABS light and ESP symbol on the dash. I reset fault codes which didnt fix the dash initially but then after cycing the ignition the ABS light cleared and the ESP one remained. I then set the soft coding back to the correct 000296. The coding 'took' but the same happened as above with respect to the dash, even with the correct coding.

Currently the ESP 8.0 codes read out with VCDS are:

01314 - Engine Control Module
    000 - intermittent
    013177 - control module in instrument cluster (J285)
    000 - intermittent
    18055 - check coding of ECU's on power train data bus
    P1647-000

Engine runs as per normal. The ABS despite the faults still works on a crash stop. ESP I assume doesnt because as mentioned above the dash skid icon is lit and the ESP button is lit also. I'm thinking that despite the soft coding appearing to be ok when you go into the module, that its lost some other part of its coding? I've trawled the vcds threads and just can't find anything. Rosstech points towards physical connection issues and airbag codes? but the problem happened the moment the soft coding was changed so its got to be an issue arising from that action. I've read a bit about long coding but am not keen to delve into that without some proper advice.
    Any help massively appreciated
    sam

Users Country Flag
    @sambb: Hi. I hope that someone else responds - but really, you need to do yourself a favor and provide more specific information.

If you are trying to get someone else here to "own" your problem to a degree where they are willing to write a response, then it's in your best interest to at least provide a FULL (meaning, not edited) copy of the POLO - you can delete the VIN if you want.

I can understand how you might think that posting just the hex03 faults is all that's required - but there is a wealth of pertinent information in the auto-scan that's missing (like the identity of the hex03 module and the other modules in the power train bus)

And, it might also be helpful to explain what specific changes you made to implement the ESP 8.0 tweak and which of these changes you reversed (if not all)

Anyhow, as I said - hope someone else responds !

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Beyond the soft coding number I dont know where to begin with fault finding this stuff. So now that I know I need to post full scans I'll get onto it.
    As per the first post I changed the Polos soft coding number (0000296) for an an Ibiza Cupra's (0002347), got the faults and then changes it back again. There was nothing wrong with the Polo's in the beginning. I made the change to in the hope that the Cupra's ABS module programming would run my ABS in a more track friendly way - higher ABS thresholds, less intrusive ESP etc

The deatils of the Cupra I went off were these:
    Ibiza 6L Cupra 1.9TDI BJ2006 front
    brake system: 312mm ATE54 rear
    brake system: 232mm Lucas C38
    control unit: 6Q0 907 379 AQ
    component: ESP 8.0 front H04 0002
    Coding: 0002347

The Polos are:
    bosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2023[1]-jpg

I'm guessing that despite sharing ESP 8.0 that the difference in the reat of the component numbers lies at the heart of the problem. But Like I said I have zero experience with fixing an issue like this.
    I'll get a full scan and post it up in a bit.

bosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2080-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2081-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2082-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2083-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2084-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2085-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2086-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2087-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2088-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2089-jpgbosch ESP 8.0 coding Polo 9N3-img_2090-jpg

- battery is probably a relic from the last compression test on the small tracking battery
    - A/C belt is removed so A/C disconnected
    - RE instruments error. Oil level/temp sensor is disconnected as loom kept melting when on the track and it wont be refitted when a baffled sump I've made is put in. I actually need to recode that so that the instruments arent always trying to tell me that the sump is empty.