Thread: Boot only unlock

Users Country Flag

Boot only unlock

Whilst on a recent trip to UK had a hired Merc, used remote to unlock boot only and stupidly left key in boot and locked it. Well after 4 hours with RAC and Locksmith (no split rear seats) advised that no one could get in but Mercedes tech with his laptop....

My question is... can I disable the unlock boot only on my Jetta, I dont want to ever get into this situation again. I realize that the Jetta has rear split seats and that makes it easier but I would still need to get into car.
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by westpest View Post
    Whilst on a recent trip to UK had a hired Merc, used remote to unlock boot only and stupidly left key in boot and locked it. Well after 4 hours with RAC and Locksmith (no split rear seats) advised that no one could get in but Mercedes tech with his laptop....

My question is... can I disable the unlock boot only on my Jetta, I dont want to ever get into this situation again. I realize that the Jetta has rear split seats and that makes it easier but I would still need to get into car.
    Thanks

Do what i did , i carry a spare blade only, in my wallet at least you can open the door and access the boot through the rear split seat .

IN2VWS Guest

I discovered another way to lock your keys in the car.......This was on my Transporter...not sure if it applies to other VW's.

With one of the doors open on the van, if you press the door lock button on the remote. The locks will lock, and unlock again because the door is open. BUT, as soon as you close the door, all the doors lock. So, don't put your key down inside the van/car after you accidentally pressed the lock button.