Thread: AFS Cornering Light Error on LED Bulb Upgrade

AFS Cornering Light Error on LED Bulb Upgrade

Hi All,

My 2015 MK7 Golf R has gone through so many AFS Cornering Halogen bulbs over the years so i decided to purchase some LED version H7s. They were meant to be Canbus Error Free but suprise suprise they were not. Now with a free set of LED bulbs thanks to a refund im trying to see if i can get these to work.

Can i VCDS out the error and keep them working in the car. Im aware the MK7.5 does have LED cornering bulbs (yes its a new headlight unit) but there may be a way to code the ECU into thinking my LED bulbs are ok.

The do work at first every time i turn the car on but within 10 seconds the error code hits and they are cut off for the remainder of the drive.

Any advise would be great, i am cable equipped if someone is willing to help.

Thanks all.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by beroukas View Post
    Hi All,

My 2015 MK7 Golf R has gone through so many AFS Cornering Halogen bulbs over the years so i decided to purchase some LED version H7s. They were meant to be Canbus Error Free but suprise suprise they were not. Now with a free set of LED bulbs thanks to a refund im trying to see if i can get these to work.

Can i VCDS out the error and keep them working in the car. Im aware the MK7.5 does have LED cornering bulbs (yes its a new headlight unit) but there may be a way to code the ECU into thinking my LED bulbs are ok.
    Visit Autoguysland to review some obd2 scanner that sometimes you need.
    The do work at first every time i turn the car on but within 10 seconds the error code hits and they are cut off for the remainder of the drive.

Any advise would be great, i am cable equipped if someone is willing to help.

Thanks all.
    VCDS can't clear this error. If error shows up, you should replace bulb. You can try to replace with Phillips h7 to see if this error still happens or not.

Users Country Flag

Not sure if it's physically possible - but how about a non-coding solution: use shunt resistors to trick the module into thinking that the lamps are still halogen?

Lots of suppliers have these resistors (they are heaters, really) - just Google "CANbus error free resistor" and pick one to suit the LED specs and the base connector.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.