Support VWWC

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda spotted thread

Skoda spotted thread

Thought we needed one. Maybe mods can make it sticky if we all dig it.

Spotted yellow RS wagon with xenons and roof in Batemans Bay and then again between Bungendore and Canberra on the weekend.

Made me glad I got blue...
    Euro look 2... Mk2 love!

Thumbs up

thats funny... i saw few Skodas on the road before i purchased one... and first one i spotted after the purchase was 3 days ago.... guys in another octavia were excited to see another skoda, so was i that was around Marsh St entry to M5, Sydney
    I was actually stopped few times by few Chech blocks proudly stating that they are from Chechoslovakia too, pointing at the same time to my Octy ))
    I think Skoda owners have some special vibrations, no seen in other brands.....

My wife (driving her RS) nearly got cleaned up by a Silver Octavia diesel sedan a few days ago! Near the intersection of Walcott St. & Beaufort St. The driver started to reverse back into the flow of traffic after a botched U-turn attempt!

I've seen plenty of diesel sedans & wagons, almost always silver, but only even one other petrol RS. The canary yellow variety.

Users Country Flag
    Silver Elegance sedan on Stawell St in Cranbourne last Sunday evening.
    There's a white wagon getting around Cranbourne as well.
    I see occasionally a blue RS TDI near where I work-I've chatted with the owner, he seems like a nice bloke. Can't fault his taste in cars.
    There's also a black Ambiance wagon that I see at Lysterfield Lake Park a fair bit-it's owne by the girl who works in the cafe.

Users Country Flag
    I parked next to a Silver TDi Sedan when picking my girls up from gymnastics at Miranda/Caringbah on Saturday.

The guy did a double take when he saw my red Octy next to him. He backtracked & introduced himself. Happy as a pig in muck, he was.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I went to the VW parts department today to get a new tow hook cover for the bumper of my golf - it fell off! (The Skoda dealer is an annex of this a few hundred metres down the road). Anyway, there were no fewer than 8 Octavia's waiting for collection outside the service department. I was quite shocked, 8 on any random day, so obviously someone's buying them. I wonder where they hide them? As usual the majority were Silver diesels. A mixture of wagons & sedans. No RS's though.

Silver TDI wagon on the Kwinana Freeway

V nice, silver with dark tint. Looked good! The wagon I had my eye on at the Skoda dealer (blue RS) has vanished, someone is a lucky new owner!

I think the wagon makes the Mazda wagon look like "it tries too hard" for style. I like the understated Skoda style.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrx View Post
    I went to the VW parts department today to get a new tow hook cover for the bumper of my golf - it fell off! .
    I think you'll find there is a plastic tab you can drill a 2mm hole in & loosely cable tie to the body
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

^ Good idea, it was only $14 though. Either that, or I should cut down on my rally driving! In fairness it did happen on a corrugated dirt road.

Spotted a Scout in Reid today. Also silver wagon of some description...
    Euro look 2... Mk2 love!

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast