Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roomster 1.9 Tdi modifications

Skoda Roomster 1.9 TDI mods

New intake....

New muffler...

New intercooler...

Custom reflash...

Forge short shift...

Also: Vento 16 inch wheels, driving lights and scanning radio (it's a country car).

Soon to come: 312mm Audi TT front brake upgrade, manual climate control (I don't like the auto system) and rear sway bar.

Users Country Flag
    You're not THE J.E. associated with Autospeed are you?

I'm a major fanboi of that guy.....
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Nice to see the 1.9 TFI getting some tuning love! Good on you.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post

I'm a major fanboi of that guy.....
    I can vouch for him.. yes thats him.. And great to see your still being a real tweaker of cars Jullian.

yes I write for AutoSpeed. We'll do a major series on the Roomster modifications this coming year.

Users Country Flag
    Well a huge welcome to the forums Julian, this is a big deal for me.

All my tinkering in the diesel section is largely due to your influence, and I'm stoked that the master tinkerer is in the house.

I've followed your work since the FF&R days, and have been drilling holes in perfectly fine cars ever since.

Oh and on that, I roughly calculate you are indirectly responsible for me blowing up several engines, turbo's, drivetrains, diffs and even being banned from my surf club back in my youth when I sooped the bejesus out of the rescue rubber ducky outboard for my mate who raced them. There's also the matter of all those many , many unused Jaycar parts.......you've a lot to answer for! : )

THANKS for all the fun mate, you've been an inspiration, and I've had SO MUCH fun over the years having otherwise ordinary looking cars that have performed well above their station, and upsetting all those in flashier cars at the lights has been worth every "BANG!!".

21st Centuary Performance is looking a little ratty these days, but I'm still leafing through it on my quest for diesel domination : )

Welcome!!!
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 21-12-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting. Roomster info is rare.

Is there anything worthwhile that can be done to get more out of the 1.6 petrol Roomie?

(Apart from leaving the back seats in the shed) : - )

Is there anything worthwhile that can be done to get more out of the 1.6 petrol Roomie?
    I guess as a standard Volkswagen (etc) engine there are off the shelf mods avalable, but I don't know anything about them.

Some of what I am doing (or have done) to my car applies to all Roomsters - new horns, new headlight bulbs (in addition to the driving lights), coming new front brakes, coming improved rear roll stiffness, Vento 16 inch wheels with larger tyres.

I can see the price of now rare used Roomsters increasing. Maybe the people who purchased the dirt cheap run out ones are on a winner.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

New front brakes.

312mm slotted RDA discs, Audi TT calipers, Audi TT caliper mounts, EBC 'red' pads. (16 inch Vento wheels)

Initial impressions very positive.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast