Thread: New (to me) Fabia Mk2 Monte Carlo

Users Country Flag

New (to me) Fabia Mk2 Monte Carlo

HI all, I'm now a Fabia Mk2 Monte Carlo owner - first VAG vehicle after a lifetime of Hondas!

Haven't done much to it yet apart from tint the front windows to match the privacy glass and get the VCDS coding done to enable one button press unlock from the keyfob. The nanny-state anti hijack nonsense was driving my passengers nuts!

Next step will probably be a head unit upgrade from the Swing to a Columbus RNS-510

New (to me) Fabia Mk2 Monte Carlo-2012_monty-jpg
    Last edited by stonemonkey; 11-03-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Very cool!
    Looking forward to watching how it progresses.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Looks great!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Just a quick update.

Got my hands on VCDS off ebay, and have a made a couple of changes

- Enabled one click all doors unlock from the keyfob. The default behaviour was one click opened the drivers door only, had to press twice to open all doors. Passengers appreciate it as they don't get left standing outside the car wondering why their door is locked any more.

- Enabled instrument cluster needle sweep on key-on. This does nothing useful other than look cool I guess.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...nV0NjBDWUZFUFk

- Turned on the DRLs, they are off by default from the factory for some reason in Oz. The switch is under the drivers side fuse box cover. Also replaced the anaemic filament DRL bulbs with LED bulbs, so people might actually have some chance of seeing them in the daytime.

New (to me) Fabia Mk2 Monte Carlo-monte-led-drls-jpg