Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK3 Fabia Mods

Users Country Flag

MK3 Fabia Mods

With deliveries kicking off, I thought I'd start a thread for mods (current and proposed) for our new cars. Mine is due to arrive in October, but this is the shopping list so far:-

• Wheels painted in satin black
    • Black honeycomb vRS wheel centres
    • Mirror caps in black
    • Brake Calipers in Skoda Motorsport green
    • Red section of tail lights tinted
    • De-badging of rear tailgate
    • Front window tint to match rear privacy glass
    • K&N Air Filter
    • APR 1.2 TSi tune (due around December)

Had a bit of a play tonight and came up with a rough picture of what I want.

So, what has everyone else got planned for their new arrivals?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MK3 Fabia Mods-2015-skoda-fabia-estate-combi-production-starts-photo-gallery_1-bp-jpg   MK3 Fabia Mods-2015-skoda-fabia-estate-combi-production-starts-photo-gallery_2-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    with your mods are you also looking at an exhaust system? I am wondering about a good system for the 1.2 tsi monte carlo that I have. I dont want it too loud, but better than the standard one? Any ideas and also who are you going to get your remap with?
    2014 Fabia Monte Carlo - Plain and Simply
    Future Plans - Exhaust, Air Filter, Remap, potential speaker upgrade

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Haven't thought about the exhaust yet - havent heard of anyone doing them for these cars yet.

First choice on the tune is APR, but i saw today that ABT do a secondary ECu is well, so weighing up the options.

Users Country Flag
    Since my car is new I dont want to mess about too much because of warranty, so I exhaust would probably be the only thing other that air filter until the 3 yrs are done then a remap would be on the cards. Are you going to fully mod up your skoda from brand new?

Users Country Flag
    I don't think you will find anyone locally selling exhaust for the Fabia - you will almost certainly have to import one from Europe/UK or get one custom made by a reputable exhaust shop. Its not rocket science, so any good exhaust shop will be able to look after you - and will be much cheaper than importing one. You are in Sydney, so you will have plenty of choices for good custom exhausts down there.

Just bear in mind that the 1.2TSI is bound by a very small turbo and small intercooler that is integrated into the inlet manifold - so its not really up to the task of dealing with the extra heat generated by a turbo running more boost. Getting any more than 90-100kw out of the 1.2TSI is a big ask and will call for a bigger turbo and some sort of solution for the intercooler.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by fabiapaul View Post
    Since my car is new I dont want to mess about too much because of warranty, so I exhaust would probably be the only thing other that air filter until the 3 yrs are done then a remap would be on the cards. Are you going to fully mod up your skoda from brand new?
    Still not sure exactly which way to go - anything that gets done will be relatively minor and reversible just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I don't think you will find anyone locally selling exhaust for the Fabia - you will almost certainly have to import one from Europe/UK or get one custom made by a reputable exhaust shop. Its not rocket science, so any good exhaust shop will be able to look after you - and will be much cheaper than importing one. You are in Sydney, so you will have plenty of choices for good custom exhausts down there.

Just bear in mind that the 1.2TSI is bound by a very small turbo and small intercooler that is integrated into the inlet manifold - so its not really up to the task of dealing with the extra heat generated by a turbo running more boost. Getting any more than 90-100kw out of the 1.2TSI is a big ask and will call for a bigger turbo and some sort of solution for the intercooler.
    For what I need, 90-100 is fine - if i wanted anything faster i would have bought a GTI/RS. As the car will be brand new, not really looking to go crazy on it.

Users Country Flag
    Even with a simple remap, the 1.2 tsi should get to about 90-92 KW from my research and emails to companies. For a little fabia, I believe that is more then enough and as standard it surprises a lot of bigger cars off the lights. Custom exhaust I think might be the way to go Lucas_R. Have to say you and jxenos are the only 2 people who have actually talked with me in the 6 weeks since I joined. Its pretty quiet most of the time.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jxenos View Post
    For what I need, 90-100 is fine - if i wanted anything faster i would have bought a GTI/RS. As the car will be brand new, not really looking to go crazy on it.
    Not a worry - was just making sure you were aware of the limitations of the engine/turbos setup. Some people have unrealistic expectations of how much power they can extract easily/cheaply, so i was just letting you know. Even with the upgrade to 90-100kw it would make for a zippy little wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiapaul View Post
    Even with a simple remap, the 1.2 tsi should get to about 90-92 KW from my research and emails to companies. For a little fabia, I believe that is more then enough and as standard it surprises a lot of bigger cars off the lights. Custom exhaust I think might be the way to go Lucas_R. Have to say you and jxenos are the only 2 people who have actually talked with me in the 6 weeks since I joined. Its pretty quiet most of the time.
    The tuner i have used for both my Golf R and Golf GTI have a tune for the 1.2TSI in the Fabia/Polo which takes it from 77kw > 100kw. 2011 TSI Special from DNA Tuning Australia The only downside for this tuner is that he is based in Melbourne, so if you are in another city its not exactly convenient. I removed my ECU and posted it down to Melb to have it tuned. Turnaround time was 4-5 business days (incl postage time both ways with Express Post). The head office is in the UK so the tuning files are generally delivered overnight, and then John in Melb loads the tune onto your ECU and posts it back.

Otherwise, i believe APR is the only other tuning local company that offers a tune for the 1.2TSI. APR are far more expensive, but their network of dealers make it much more convenient and faster.

This forum is pretty quiet fabiapaul - especially in the Skoda and Audi section. Don't take it personally. There is another forum called Briskoda which is a dedicated Skoda forum which is more active.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

ABT tuning also do a package but it's approx $2200. The upside to it is that it's a secondary ECU which runs in parallel and can actually be removed to bring it back to stock. So many interesting choices.

Funny how groups like APR have taken so much of the hassle out of these things. Even at around $1000 the extra driveability and torque you get makes it almost a no brainer. We ran the stage 1 tune on dads mk5 gti for 3 years with no issue at all so they're reliable too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be aware there is nothing in common with the old 1.2 tsi in the Mk2 Fabia.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast