Thread: VRS Purchase Advice

VRS Purchase Advice

Hi All,

So I'm looking to move on from my current MkV 2.0 TDI Golf and get into a Fabia VRS.

I've found a Demo model with 6,000km on it which is now offered at 25000 on the road (they were trying to sell it to me at 28 at the end of December, anyway so the car has been hanging around).

It's pretty close to what I want but it has been registered since August so just wondering how much further people think I can push?

I think I should be able to get 8,500 trade in and then I think I'll just say give me a black grill and we're done.

But tempted to ask if the extended warranty can get put on too. Anyone had success doing this?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    My car was 8 months old and they gave me the extended warranty
    Ask for everything you can think of, you not going to get it all, but you will get a % of what you ask for
    I've bought two ex demo cars at a $5k discount - with full/extended warranty
    It really comes down to the dealer and their numbers, if they need and want to sell it, they will
    (End of the month may be a better time - if they come up short on sales that month they will want to cut a deal)

The harder you push the more you will be ripped on the trade in - see if you have other options instead
    Sounds like you have not discussed this with the dealer as yet
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Hmm.. maybe consider playing soft value against hard value? - Maybe giving you a better trade in might be too much hard cash for them but an extended warranty and maybe something like the grill and some other bits and pieces might cost them less but be worth more to you?

I paid I think 25700 for our ex demo (Gold Coast) with 3500 kms on the clock. The decals were on it and we kept them "free" of charge :p
    NOW: 2018 MY19 Kodiaq Luxury and Tech Packs: 132kW Petrol 7DSG Sunroof and Ivory Leather
    HISTORY: 2012 Fabia RS (FOR SALE) ; 2013 Fabia RS (SOLD); 2015 Octavia RS 135TDI (SOLD)

Thanks for the advice guys.

I haven't had to go the trade-in route the last few times I've purchased so I'm not used to how that changes things.

But I think balancing the trade against those things that cost them less than would cost me after the fact is probably what is needed.

6000km is not a demo.. it's a car thats been used by Skoda for either and employee or for magazine/newspaper road tests.

I've found a Demo model with 6,000km on it which is now offered at 25000 on the road (they were trying to sell it to me at 28 at the end of December, anyway so the car has been hanging around).

I got offered $27k driveway on a wagon new, if that helps.Extended warranty probably worth $1200-$1500 to you, but dont forget existing warranty probably 6 mths down now as well on that car.
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

Users Country Flag
    As far as I'm aware, unless you order something specific in colours and options (which could require a significant wait), you'll be getting a car that was built around April 2012, regardless of being a demo etc...

I just collected my hatch last week and that's when mine was built. Skoda Australia only got 300 RS's for the first delivery, which they're working towards the end of now I guess.

Mine was on the wharf with Patrick's and complianced 02/13. Luckily they had a car there in a colour I was happy with and also with the contrasting roof and MDI options. I negotiated $26.5K, which is pretty good for a non-demo car in NSW considering the metallic paint, contrasting roof, and MDI. This was over the course of more than a month though, and I originally had a generous trade offer from them too for my WRX which I ended up selling 3 days before collection of the RS.

I provided the dealer with my own green slip, but through an error they registered the car with their own... hence I got another $400 back when I refunded the one that couldn't be used any more. That just ended up being fortunate for me (total paid $26,100), and was the only 'problem' at any stage of my transaction with the dealer. Anyone in the Newcastle, Hunter, or Central Coast area should find Mitchell and the team at Newcastle Skoda very helpful, without ever being pushy or aggressive. Maybe I'll see them again if they bring out a Rapid RS.

Users Country Flag

VRS Purchase Advice

Quote Originally Posted by belegur View Post
    Anyone in the Newcastle, Hunter, or Central Coast area should find Mitchell and the team at Newcastle Skoda very helpful, without ever being pushy or aggressive. Maybe I'll see them again if they bring out a Rapid RS.
    Haha thats my brother. He is great. Glad to hear you had a nice experience buying from him.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 26-02-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler