Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low compression cylinder 3 out of warranty repair. 2012 Fabia RS.

Users Country Flag

Low compression cylinder 3 out of warranty repair. 2012 Fabia RS.

Hi guys, have a fabia rs 2012 which has low compression. Seems I may have worn rings or possibly seating issues with exhaust valve.

I have previously complained about rough idle and excessive oil consumption during the warranty period, but the dealer always said they couldn't replicate so nothing was done.

Now i have constant engine light and rough running, mechanic found low compression on cylinder 3. I have contact Skoda Australia regarding a good will out of warranty repair, however i need to have it looked at by a Skoda dealer first to confirm the issue. This will cost $1000 to tear down the engine, with no confirmation of their assistance.

I was wondering if there is anyone else who has gone through the same issues/process with Skoda Australia, and whether they provided financial assistance?

Users Country Flag
    For a potential goodwill repair, it still needs to be diagnosed by the dealer. You will have to wear the diagnostic costs upfront, but this should be sorted out down the line, if Skoda comes to the party.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    *IF Skoda comes to the party is what I worried about, has anyone had experience with Skoda assisting in these types of out of warranty repairs? Especially with these common issues?

Users Country Flag
    That's the risk you run, with the car being out of warranty.

There are several factors that come into play with a goodwill repair.

These include whether you're the first owner, how accurate the service history is, if the services have all been done with the dealer, and obviously the mileage on the car, and it's age.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Hi guys, have a fabia rs 2012 which has low compression. Seems I may have worn rings or possibly seating issues with exhaust valve.
    ....or a hole in one of your pistons. You would think Audi/VW/Skoda would have repaired enough of these 1.4 twincharge engines by now to diagnose a blown engine without having to tear them down.

Users Country Flag
    There's not $1000 in even pulling the head off, which would tell you pretty much everything straight away.

I'd be negotiating the diagnostic fee on this, first and foremost.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I was just talking about my wife when we saw one of these on the freeway yesterday, the engine was such a dog for blowing up down the line.

Users Country Flag
    Up to you if you wan't to risk it, hows your service history?
    Last edited by The One; 22-10-2017 at 03:47 PM.

I would be going straight to Skoda Australia and mentioning the consumer protection laws particularly about goods being fit for purpose. A 5 year old car should not need a new engine warranty or not. As mentioned enough of these engines in VW’s have proved to be duds.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Well yes, I got a DV valve replaced under good will at the 5 yr mark as they had known problems and plenty of revisions. An engine you would expect them to help out a lot with. Such a pain they used such unreliable variants and I often wonder if thats why there are no more furbies in the current gen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast